SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    New CZ Tack Driver
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New CZ Tack Driver Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Congrats !

I have some X-mas bonus money burning a hole in my pocket and it will purchase one of three CZ pistols I am looking at. The Shadow 2 is on that list.

Posts: 779 | Location: Colorado | Registered: October 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
Those are sweet pistols. Debated about buying one of the two that came in at a competitor's shop but with Christmas coming I ended up passing. Then I go and buy the P229 CC TALO and a heaping load of rifle parts and that sealed any chance of picking up the Shadow 2 this year. But CZ is supposed to ship our shop a couple we ordered what seems ages ago sometime in the near future...so maybe then. Though I will admit one of the inbound P210As that I ordered for the shop is just as tempting.

So many great firearms, so little money...

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
For the vicinity of $1k, I may be able to talk myself into it. I was working on a P229 .357 Sig, but I'm covered in the carry pistol department, .357 Sig is spendy and a 9mm tack-driver would be amusing.

This target I shot with the CZ 75B, first time I ever fired one, is about a 1" 10-shot group with a couple outliers.

Still gotta move the G22 and LCR, first, though. I'll get around to those someday Razz

Too many pistols I'd like to have. Not enough money or safe space :{

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chilihead and Barbeque Aficionado
Picture of 2Adefender
posted Hide Post
I’ll admit I had to sell some other toys to be able to buy the Shadow 2. We all have budgetary constraints.

The Second Amendment is not about hunting or sport shooting.

Posts: 10491 | Location: FL | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
They to get a few imported and then they run out and it's a while before they get more. I'd think about it sooner rather than later because when they get scarce again, the price will go up.

Beth Greene

Posts: 7841 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2Adefender
posted Hide Post
I was originally looking for the nitride finished one with the blue grips (no polycoat on the pistol). They were out of stock everywhere. It appears they imported just a few dozen of these, and no more will be imported. So I went with the black polycoated frame version. I can always buy a set of the blue grips, though I can probably live without them. They don't make the gun shoot any better Smile

Posts: 10491 | Location: FL | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tommydogg:
They to get a few imported and then they run out and it's a while before they get more. I'd think about it sooner rather than later because when they get scarce again, the price will go up.

*shrug* Thanks for the warning, but I'll have the money when I have the money. If they're not available if and when I'm ready to buy, then they'll lose the business.

That's how CZ lost me with the 75B. They unaccountably decided to drop the satin stainless for polished. I do like satin stainless. I don't like polished stainless. So I bought a G34 instead.

I'm certain there are other 9mm tack drivers every bit as capable as the Shadow 2.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
Put some CGW goodness in the trigger and you'll be the scourge of the Production and Limited divisions next season.

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2Adefender
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ryanp225:
Put some CGW goodness in the trigger and you'll be the scourge of the Production and Limited divisions next season.

I don’t shoot in competition any more, but I do see some CGW products in my future...

Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post
Very nice! I got to check out a Standard 75B in matte stainless. I really like it.

I’m looking for a new USPSA Production gun and the Shadow seems popular.

Do not send me to a heaven where there are no dogs.
Step Up or Stand Aside: Support the Troops !
Expectations are premeditated disappointments.

Posts: 8344 | Location: West | Registered: November 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
quote:
Originally posted by Tommydogg:

*shrug* Thanks for the warning, but I'll have the money when I have the money. If they're not available if and when I'm ready to buy, then they'll lose the business.

That's how CZ lost me with the 75B. They unaccountably decided to drop the satin stainless for polished. I do like satin stainless. I don't like polished stainless. So I bought a G34 instead.

I'm certain there are other 9mm tack drivers every bit as capable as the Shadow 2.

The matte stainless 75B IS available. In the catalog, saw one at SHOT at the CZ booth.

CZ's part #/SKU 91128

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ewills
posted Hide Post
I bought a Shadow 2 a couple of days ago on GB for $1079. Was looking for something to keep me from shooting my X5 so much....Was either the S2 or P210-A. Always wanted to get a CZ, so made the choice. Pick it up Monday from my FFL, and mags from Greg Cote arrived this afternoon. I am damn excited to try it! Will probably order some Cajun parts once I shoot it first.

Posts: 308 | Location: NOVA | Registered: February 15, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tuesday was gone when I told her my name is the breeze.
posted Hide Post
I sold a few guns i had not shot,and got a shadow 2 and a all steel p-01.

The shadow 2 is really a special gun,especially for older folks who like a really soft recoil.

If cz keeps these around the 1000 doller figure,they will sell many thousands to a generation of shooters who are older,with neck,shoulder wrist arthritis,aches etc.

All steel,hammer,plus you can hang a light on for a home defense gun.

I love mine because it fills so many spots for me.Target,plinking,cheap 9mm,etc.

I have a tactical and a shadow 1.The shadow 2 has some changes.You tube has a good video with there team captain showing the new changes.

The only thing is the trigger.

I guess i wish it was closer in reset and takeup.I am sure czc or cajun could fix that.

I read where the flat faced trigger will take up the slack,but you lose the da part.Which would be ok.

I have owned and shot every high end 9mm made except a couple european guns.

I shot all of sw guns made.the ppc,952,etc,all of hk target 9mm guns.

The shadow 2 is by far the nicest lowest ercoil.A person hears soft shooting,mild recoil, etc.all the sales pitch's.I had the sig 226 sport with the heavy comp on it.That gun was 52 ounces.

It was a soft shooter,
but the shadow 2 is still softer.

The cz 2 is all a guy needs.The accu shadow is nice,the decked out parrot is sweet,but to go to the range,plink,hit the steel,i dont know what other gun is made that is as soft and mild as the cz 2

Posts: 1796 | Location:  | Registered: November 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ewills
posted Hide Post
Great post tuumunz. Makes me even more excited to get my new Shadow 2!!!!

Posts: 308 | Location: NOVA | Registered: February 15, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Money won is sweeter
than money earned
Picture of Rick_Perry
posted Hide Post
That is really a nice looking pistol. Nice post Tuumunz. I may have to look into one of these.

Thanks!

Einstein defines insanity as "Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results"

Posts: 3086 | Location: SE MI | Registered: October 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I can’t find the email but about a week ago one of the big online venders had these for under 1K.

Posts: 705 | Location: S.W.Florida | Registered: August 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FN in MT:
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
That's how CZ lost me with the 75B. They unaccountably decided to drop the satin stainless for polished. I do like satin stainless. I don't like polished stainless.

The matte stainless 75B IS available. In the catalog, saw one at SHOT at the CZ booth.

CZ's part #/SKU 91128

Matte and satin are not equivalent in this case.

Posts: 117 | Registered: February 17, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2Adefender
posted Hide Post
I took the Shadow 2 to the range yesterday, this time with the new sight I just installed. It's a Bomar-style sight, made in the Czech Republic for the gun and sourced from CZ Cutom. I like to have easy adjustment for windage and elevation, and this new sight is perfect. The Shadow 2 shoots like a dream. tuumunz, your comments are spot on about how soft shooting this gun is.

Throwin sparks
makin knives
Picture of sybo
posted Hide Post
My CZ love is growing deeper and deeper every day!

Posts: 6203 | Location: Nashville Tn | Registered: October 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
I went to the range with mine yesterday and today. I am continually amazed with this gun!

I was multicultural this morning!

Beth Greene

Posts: 7841 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post