SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    New CZ Tack Driver
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New CZ Tack Driver Login/Join 
Chilihead and Barbeque Aficionado
Picture of 2Adefender
posted
Just picked up this new CZ Shadow 2, and took it to the range for its first rounds yesterday. I have to say, it's one of the best target pistols I've ever shot. It compares favorably with some of SIG's best, including the X Five and the P210. I had fired a CZ pistol years ago and liked it - not sure why I waited so long to buy one. The fit and finish of this gun are impeccable.

If anyone is thinking about getting one of these, do it!

The Second Amendment is not about hunting or sport shooting.

Posts: 10490 | Location: FL | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...770051924#1770051924

Exactly my thought after my first one....WHY did I wait so long to try one?

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bone 4 Tuna
Picture of jjkroll32
posted Hide Post
Beautiful pistol

NRA Life Member

Long Live the Super Thirty-Eight

Posts: 11145 | Location: Mid-Michigan | Registered: October 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
Nice 2Adefender!.

Do you know if the grip is bigger compared to the SP01 Shadow which is what I have? For me the CZ 75 grip is a bit too small for my hands. If the grip is noticeably larger front to back with the Shadow 2 I might be interested.

Posts: 9747 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
CZ Tactical Sports owner here, love it. Runs with the x 5 but costs less.

Posts: 1920 | Location: Pacific Northwet | Registered: August 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
grump1,

I think a set of palm swell, LOK G-10 grips may be your answer. They are larger than the stock grips. I have XXL hands and they work best for me.

http://lokgrips.com/gun-grips/cz-75/palm-swell

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
Thanks, I might give those a try but still wondering in Shadow 2 has larger grip front to back. The SIG P220 is about an ideal grip for me.

Me gripping my Shadow.

Posts: 9747 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by grumpy1:
Nice 2Adefender!.

Do you know if the grip is bigger compared to the SP01 Shadow which is what I have? For me the CZ 75 grip is a bit too small for my hands. If the grip is noticeably larger front to back with the Shadow 2

No, it isn't. There is an imperceptible change but I can't even explain it. I also like my grip bigger but had to switch to Shadow 2 for other reasons. You can call lok and ask them to build thicker grips which is what I did.

Posts: 481 | Registered: April 03, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2Adefender
posted Hide Post
Thanks for answering grumpy’s question because I really don’t know the difference in grip size.

Posts: 10490 | Location: FL | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That's a beauty!

Posts: 101 | Registered: January 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
What a handsome pistol.

Beware of a man whose only pistol is a 1911, he's probably very good with it.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
CAPT Obvious
Picture of Spiff_P239
posted Hide Post
That is one sexy looking pistol. I’m in money saving mode but I was still tempted to see how much those run. It’s not very often that that happens for me.

Posts: 3519 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Congratulation on the acquisition! That sure is a sweet-looking pistol, and no mistake!

One of the best groups I ever shot was with a CZ 75B. In fact it's still up on the wall behind my monitor.

I'm sure I'd love that Shadow 2, but with an MSRP of $1300, I think it's a bit out of my range Wink

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YVK:
quote:
Originally posted by grumpy1:
Nice 2Adefender!.

Do you know if the grip is bigger compared to the SP01 Shadow which is what I have? For me the CZ 75 grip is a bit too small for my hands. If the grip is noticeably larger front to back with the Shadow 2

No, it isn't. There is an imperceptible change but I can't even explain it. I also like my grip bigger but had to switch to Shadow 2 for other reasons. You can call lok and ask them to build thicker grips which is what I did.

Thanks for the info, much appreciated. Smile

Picture of 2Adefender
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
Congratulation on the acquisition! That sure is a sweet-looking pistol, and no mistake!

One of the best groups I ever shot was with a CZ 75B. In fact it's still up on the wall behind my monitor.

I'm sure I'd love that Shadow 2, but with an MSRP of $1300, I think it's a bit out of my range Wink

They can be found for a lot less than MSRP if you search around!

posted Hide Post
What constitutes a lot less??

Posts: 551 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: July 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2Adefender
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DoveEgg:
What constitutes a lot less??

A couple of Benjamins less.

Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
Congrats! Now you need another for your other hand!

Beth Greene

Posts: 7841 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
https://grabagun.com/cz-91254-cz-shadow-2-9mm.html

Beth Greene

Posts: 7841 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I love my Shadow 2 . Its a work of art. Deadly accurate

Lawrence A Visocky (Larry V)

Posts: 494 | Registered: January 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post