SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Sig P239...love or hate?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig P239...love or hate? Login/Join 
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
I bought and sold several versions. I didn't hate it, just couldn't love it. Gun performed amazingly, just the ergos of the grip weren't great for me. The Hogue grips make a huge difference but I'm not a big fan of rubber grips. If they made that same shape and style grip on G10 I would have been in love.

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10729 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of spunk639
posted Hide Post
I have a 239 in 9mm, won't part with it.

Posts: 2775 | Location: Boston, Mass | Registered: December 02, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 229DAK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:
Gun performed amazingly, just the ergos of the grip weren't great for me.

This was me and the P245. Shot well and accurate, but the ergos for my hand were not good. My pinky had nothing to do.

Posts: 9041 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Virtute et Armis
Picture of hft119
posted Hide Post
Love mine, have no intention of ever getting rid of it

NRA Benefactor
GOA

Posts: 128 | Location: Petal, MS | Registered: November 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Good, bad, I'm the
guy with the gun
Picture of 45ProCarry
posted Hide Post
I picked up a LNIB 239 9mm with 3 mags for $400 about 2 years ago. I love it. It is a great pistol.

Posts: 2343 | Location: USA | Registered: May 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
Mine is a Gen1 SAS DAK in .40. The wood grips were too thick, but the Hogue rubber grips fit me perfectly. I shot it last week and the reset on the DAK trigger is so long.

Posts: 10942 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The first reset or second?

Posts: 5742 | Location: Chicago | Registered: August 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I mistakenly sold my p239 9mm a few years back when I acquired a 225-A1, and then I re acquired the same one two years later from the LGS I sold it to .Couldnt stand seeing it in the store for 2 years. It was and is still the most accurate of my sig pistols. I have the hogue G10 Checkered grips.

Posts: 263 | Registered: January 22, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
I love my P239 in 357 Sig. Very reliable, accurate and extremely fun to shoot. I had the Hogue rubber grips for a while and now have the G10. I will never get rid of it.

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3791 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bobandmikako
posted Hide Post
I like them but don't love them. I don't have any guns that size in .40 or .357 Sig, so for 9mm, I prefer the original P225. I sold the two P239s I had a while back and don't really miss them. If I ever decided I wanted a small .40 or .357 though, I'd look toward the P239.

十人十色

Posts: 2103 | Location: Semmes, Alabama | Registered: June 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bulldog7972:
The first reset or second?

Both.

I'd let the trigger out while getting back on target and squeeze it as soon as the everything was lined up. Once or twice per magazine for the first three magazines, I didn't even hit the first reset and if course got zero resistance. I'm going to admit I forgot it had a second reset which is longer yet. The only time I hit the second reset would have been during mag changes.

I need to practice with it more.

Posts: 10942 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
My P239 in .40 will be one of the last guns that I ever sell. I no longer carry it and has been replaced with my P938 Scorpion but it is enjoyable to shoot with the Hogue finger groove grips. I'm comfortable with 8 rd. guns for carry having packed 1911's in the 70's and 80's, then the P239 and now the P938.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Another vote for "neither love nor hate". Just not enough grip for me to comfortably wrap my pudgy mitts around.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
My first SIG was a P239 in 357SIG with a 40S&W barrel. It was my regular carry gun for a long time and my IDPA match gun. At the time, I believed shoot what you carry. That got expensive and I decided I wanted to start winning matches, so I switched to my current P226. Big Grin

Eventually, I grew tired of the weight of the P239 and switched to the Kahr PM9 as my carry gun.

My P239 was one of the ones who's barrel became severely grooved by the Nitron finish. This has been discussed a lot over the years. The accuracy was never affected though.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38677 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Heavy & low capacity by current standards, but a 239 with CT grips is still my preferred carry piece.

Posts: 2273 | Location: Missouri | Registered: November 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I kneel for my God,
and I stand for my flag
posted Hide Post
I have a Talo edition G43 that has sat in my safe since buying a P365. A guy at work wants to trade me a Sig P239 9mm for it. I'll probably go for it.

Posts: 1813 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The wicked flee when
no man pursueth
Picture of KevH
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIG228:
I have a Talo edition G43 that has sat in my safe since buying a P365. A guy at work wants to trade me a Sig P239 9mm for it. I'll probably go for it.

I would say that P239 is WAAAAAAAAAAAYY more shootable than a G43. Go for it.

Proverbs 28:1

Posts: 4198 | Location: Contra Costa County, CA | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master of one hand
pistol shooting
Picture of Hamden106
posted Hide Post
I like my two 239T 9mm with the extended 10shot magazine. The rounded bottom, not so much the aluminum squarish one.

I recently ran across a treasure trove of 239 mags. Ten extended, and 6 regulars. Cheep too.

SIGnature
NRA Benefactor CMP Pistol Distinguished

Posts: 6314 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Have two 9 and 40 with 357 barrel. They will stay. A couple of 320s will go before they do.

Dum Spiro Pugno

Posts: 174 | Location: Virginia | Registered: April 24, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post