SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Sig P239...love or hate?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig P239...love or hate? Login/Join 
Animis Opibusque Parati
posted Hide Post
P239 Gen1 SAS DAK in 9mm. Love it. First Sig for me, this one won’t be going anywhere.

"Prepared in mind and resources"

Posts: 1353 | Location: SC | Registered: October 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My hypocrisy goes only so far
Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted Hide Post
I had mine engraved and with the plus1 mag base & crimson trace laser grips, it’s never leaving my possession.

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

"Never let a Wishbone grow where a Backbone should be "

Posts: 6932 | Location: Central,Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of inspcalahan
posted Hide Post
Late 90s/early 2000's I carried one in 9mm every day for off duty use. It was soon replaced by something lighter/slimmer/better caliber.

A few years ago I picked up one in .357sig and fell in love again! I carried off duty a while but, like others mention, there's likely better out there for whatever you need. That said, I won't be getting rid of mine. I picked up a threaded 9mm and a .40 barrel for it, along with the correct magazines. Now I can shoot all three calibers, with the 9mm being suppressed when I want. It's a fun gun and too useful to get rid of.

Posts: 822 | Location: Alaska | Registered: April 29, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
They are great guns. IMHO, their capacity to caliber ratio & let’s not forget weight, made them replaceable to me.

Posts: 13804 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Minnow:
P239 Gen1 SAS DAK in 9mm. Love it. First Sig for me, this one won’t be going anywhere.

Exactly, precisely this Big Grin

Therefore, with a +1, second this emotion!!!

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’m still on the lookout for a DA/SA in 357 sig for a decent price 8 years and counting.

Love my Sigs but carry my Glocks

Posts: 374 | Registered: February 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm keeping my two P239 Sigs; they are great!

Posts: 248 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: November 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
I bought mine in 2005 and I fell in love. For it's time it was a great gun. It is accurate and with the Hogue's handles the .40 very well. My gripe with the factory plastic was the squareish feel to the grip. Since I discovered the 3953 and decided to trim my .40 collection I fell out of love. Not to mention I prefer the P225A1 MUCH more than the P239 (and yes, I owned the original P225. Sold it when I got the A1).

Tastes evolve. I will never hate the P239 but there are other Sig's I prefer now.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
I think some folks can’t come to terms with the squarish grip but with Hogue finger grooves, the 239 is magic.

I’m quite fond of my 9mm and it will likely stay in the fold forever even if it doesn’t get the same amount of attention as other ccw choices.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15549 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The P239 in .40 was my daily carry for several years. I bought another in .357 last year, and now each have .357 barrels. The P239 is a well made, accurate, easy to shoot, thin pistol that carries really well in the waistband, without sharp edges. I have hogue G10 grips and hogue rubber grips with the finger grooves. I like them both.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The wicked flee when
no man pursueth
Picture of KevH
posted Hide Post
It's one of those guns you either see the purpose for and "get" or you do not. There doesn't seem to be much of a middle ground.

For me, it's the perfect concealed carry off-duty gun to compliment a P226 that rides in a duty holster. It's heavy/large enough that it is accurate and you feel you can "fight" with it, but small enough and thin enough you can conceal it much easier IWB than a P228/P229. It's reliability with its factory 7 or 8 round mags is also beyond reproach as opposed to some of the smaller options out there.

It's one of the few guns that I truly like and appreciate Hogue rubber grips on. It goes from an "ok" feeling grip to feeling truly awesome.

Proverbs 28:1

Posts: 4198 | Location: Contra Costa County, CA | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Love 'em. Have maybe nine of them, they're sweet shooters. For everyday carry there are newer/smaller guns, but the 239 still appeals to me.

Posts: 248 | Location: SE Pennsylvania | Registered: August 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Heavy, thirsty, bulky. I'd put the P239 with the Colt SAA and other outdated handguns. All are fine, but outdated and impractical for daily concealed carry. I enjoyed my P239, twenty years ago. I learned to love the polymer, high-cap semi autos, with some reservation. My S&W Shields are accurate, every day wash-and-wear faithful companions, now.

Posts: 267 | Location: SW Michigan | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's all part of
the adventure...
posted Hide Post
My Two-Tone P239/9 was my very first Sig! I bought it while stationed in Germany on sale for $425 (this was in 1997 well before they switched to the Euro). I will never part with mine. My daughter gave me a Galco Miami Classic shoulder rig for Christmas a few years back, so now I could never sell my 239!

Here’s a pic of mine:

Regards From Sunny Tucson,
SigFan

NRA Life - IDPA - USCCA - GOA - JPFO - ACLDN - SAF - AZCDL - ASA

"Faith isn't believing that God can; it's knowing that He will." (From a sign on a church in Nicholasville, Kentucky)

Posts: 1680 | Location: Tucson, Arizona | Registered: January 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
I’ve got one. Nice gun. I could never justify the size and weight for the low capacity, though.

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7942 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just mobilize it
posted Hide Post
I know zero 239 haters out there. I see nothing but praise for them, even in a world where there exists guns half the size with more ammo. I’m a big fan, and I have full sized guns that don’t shoot half as good as the 239.

Posts: 4609 | Registered: July 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Throwin sparks
makin knives
Picture of sybo
posted Hide Post
Mine went away, it did NOT perform well at 25 yards. I understand it is not a target gun but I expected more.

Posts: 6203 | Location: Nashville Tn | Registered: October 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Among all my P320's, P365's, P229C's, one P239 SAS 9mm is at my front door & another P239 SAS 9mm rides in my car every day. Some day they may be replaced, but not for now.

If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit!

Sigs Owned - A Bunch

Posts: 4263 | Location: Nashville, Tennessee | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 229DAK
posted Hide Post
When my wife decided it was time for her to pick out a training/carry pistol, she picked a 239/9. She loves it.

Posts: 9025 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Minnow:

My experience is similar, except my P239 Gen1 SAS DAK is in .40. They had ceased production of the Gen 1 by the time I decided I had to have one, but was able to find a new one and paid dearly for it.

Another difference is that it was my second Sig - after the P232. I don't carry either of them anymore, but I will probably never get rid of either. I love shooting both of them. And what else am I going to do with the boxes of .40 and .380 ammo I bought ?

----------------------------------------------------
Dances with Crabgrass

Posts: 2183 | Location: East Virginia | Registered: October 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post