SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Sig P239...love or hate?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig P239...love or hate? Login/Join 
I kneel for my God,
and I stand for my flag
posted
What are your thoughts on the Sig P239 series pistols? Seems people either love them or hate them.

Posts: 1812 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

I like mine. Top is .357 and bottom 9mm

Posts: 1570 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: August 17, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
I like mine in .40 but love it w/ hogue grips. The grips are the reason it's my main carry. Somewhat thin and quite accurate for it's size. If I replace it for carry, it will be w/ a P365, but I will never get rid of it.

Posts: 7354 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a "forever" P239 40 as well, in Rainbow Ti. Shoots like a laser.

Posts: 17141 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
I like my 9mm P239 well enough, but have to admit that I carried my G19 more often because it was the same size, and held more rounds.

Then along came the P365, which I carry most often. So I carry the 365 much the same as I did my S&W 638, in the pocket, or OWB in the summer, will probably switch back to the G19 when the weather cools back down in the fall.

I am not quite ready to sell the 239 at this point in time, but it’s time left is limited I think.

Posts: 13680 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A buddy offered me a .40 239 so cheap I could not pass it up.
It amazed me with how well it shoots the snappy .40 round.
Mine has Talon grips.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16086 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of GrandPotter
posted Hide Post
I had two many years ago but they just did not do much for me. So I sold them. Instead, I went the 228/229 route. NOW for CCW, I love my 938's.

There was nothing wrong with them and I shot them well but I just never had a love-affair with them.

ALL women should Conceal Carry.

Posts: 4599 | Location: Georgia  | Registered: January 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
With some Hogue G10 grips, I love it. I purchased mine because I couldn't get a new Smith 3913/3914.

It was my CC gun in TN and GA. Nice and slim with a good grip. When I went back North I went to a SIG 229 and then an M&P compact.

Everyone I've handed it to has liked it.

I just got a 10 round magazine with it, but I haven't used it yet. The magazine capacity was the one limitation. If SIG had done a 365 style magazine in it, I would never have shifted to the 229.

Posts: 4585 | Location: Where ever Uncle Sam Sends Me | Registered: March 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
Nice guns, shoot well, just don't do much for me.

Yes, they are slimmer than a 228/229, but they are essentially the same in length and width, so they didn't do much for me from a concealment standpoint. I went with the 938 for a small concealable pistol, and a 1911 commander if I want a slim, single stack.

As nice as they are, it didn't seem sensible to me to tie up that much $ in a pistol that didn't get me anything that I didn't already have covered in other places.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12772 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dc54
posted Hide Post
A great pistol with Nill grips that just doesn’t have the capacity that more modern guns of equal or lesser size has. If you don’t worry about capacity, then a wonderful if heavy EDC.

Sigs, HKs, 1911s, Berettas, Glocks and SW revolvers

Posts: 1034 | Location: GA | Registered: February 04, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
I neither love it nor hate it, but I do like it.

It's easy for me to shoot it well. "Well" is a relative term, what is "well" for me might be piss-poor for other people, but the pistol is comfortable for me, no complaints.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30659 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You could not purchase my 239.....I have owned it for years, and it has never let me down. I also shoot it pretty good!!

Posts: 6616 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Orive 8
posted Hide Post
I no longer have any SIG pistols. If I was to buy a DA/SA SIG, the P239 9mm would be the one that I would get first.

While I carried the P226 9mm and P220 .45 as my duty weapons, the SIG P239 9mm was one of my off-duty guns and probably my favorite SIG.

No longer shoot DA/SA pistols, but I have a soft spot in my heart for the P239 9mm.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

Posts: 1898 | Location: Collier Twp, PA | Registered: June 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
The P239-40 was the first Sig I shot (my dad's).
I'd have no problem with owning one for the right price.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15304 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
I wanted one when they first came out but just could not swing it.... Picked one up from here in the past year... so far it is my carry pistol and I have plans to change....

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have to admit it took awhile for it to grow on me. I think it was the sights more than anything. Now I can say, I like it alot, not love...I do carry it during the cooler months here in South Florida. It conceals well and has always been reliable with 2000+ rds through it.

Posts: 27 | Location: Fluid | Registered: January 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
I don't think any SIG fans "hate" the P239. Maybe the gun is not for some of them, but hate? Nope.

Q

Posts: 26372 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SevenPlusOne
posted Hide Post
Love. It's sort of the last of the finely thought out well made single stack European 9mms. Walther P-38/P-5, HK P7, Beretta's single stacks, SIG P-210/P47, I'm probably missing a few that I can't think of right now.
It's a sweet spot gun, not a numbers gun. It's an easy to conceal (easiest for me) pistol that shoots just as well as a P220 or P226. And at the time it came out, it was about the same size as most .380s. Most of the micro 9s that are out now are too small for me to shoot well (Kahr's all steel guns being an exception), so the P-239 in either 9mm or 357, it's even pretty sweet in .40, is just right.

"Ninja kick the damn rabbit"

Posts: 4618 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: October 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
I love mine Smile

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cynic
Picture of charlie12
posted Hide Post
That was my EDC for along time. I have a .40 and a .357 Sig barrel for it.

Posts: 13020 | Location: Pride, Louisiana | Registered: August 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post