SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    A 4.4" P225A1? Nope, False Alarm - TB Model.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A 4.4" P225A1? Nope, False Alarm - TB Model. Login/Join 
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted
So I'm messing around in SIG's website, trying to figure out what sight I'm going to need to get the 225A1 (the one with the racing stripes) shooting POA/POI at 25 yards. I started browsing through the specs for the 225A1 Classic, and lo and behold -

BARREL LENGTH 3.6 in [91mm], 4.4 in [112mm]

OVERALL LENGTH 6.9 in [175mm] - 7.5 in [191mm]

http://www.sigsauer.com/store/...assic-compact-1.html

Did I fall asleep and miss some outstanding freakin' news? And when did they start referring to any 225A1 as a Classic Compact?

Holy cats. I like the 225A1 enough to shell out to correct the night sights. A 225A1 as essentially a replacement for the 9mm 220 could work out very, very nicely.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Il Cattivo,

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
Probably a threaded barrel variant floating around

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
That would make sense too, especially with SIG getting into suppressors - is a 0.8" threaded section more or less what you would expect?

FWIW, the website doesn't list a TB version, and the webstore doesn't seem to offer a threaded barrel for it.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smithnsig:
Probably a threaded barrel variant floating around

Or just a mistake.

As I recall, the P229 is/has been also described as a “compact,” and that’s because it isn’t full sized like the P220 or P226. Since the P225 and P229 are virtually the same size, it’s not surprising they would be described by the same terms.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47365 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Yep, sadly also possible. I just hadn't seen the word "Compact" presented as though it were part of the pistol's name before, and the website seems to have done the same thing for all three 225A1s both on the header for each individual model's page and on the links at the top of the page.

I guess I should also mention that the Classic is the only model that has the longer lengths listed on the website.

posted Hide Post
There definitely is a threaded-barrel model, although for some reason it isn't listed on the website.

More info here:

http://www.range365.com/sig-sauer-p225-a1-gun-review

Posts: 840 | Registered: December 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
Will they ever offer the 9-10 round mags? Or was that just some garbage on the internet.

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
There definitely is a threaded-barrel model, although for some reason it isn't listed on the website.

Aw, nuts.