SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    "Out damned Glock".....
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Out damned Glock"..... Login/Join 
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted
it finally happened;

finally got fed up, despite years & thousands of rounds, with failure to respond to training results of me/my G34, to produce anything above 'combat accuracy'.

Last week finally got the Last Project completed:
4 different 9mm pistols, 6 different loads, 3 new & 3 reloads with different recipes.

Cut to the chase: G34 was dead last in every target. Closest to something better than rat turds in a dresser drawer, was "combat accuracy" 'minute of large cantaloupe' at 25 FEET, from elbows-on-bench rest, while sitting.

Hasta lavista baby. I won't be back. If your phone don't ring, its me.

**************~~~~~~~~~~
"I've been on this rock too long to bother with these liars any more."
~SIGforum advisor~
"When the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change, then change will come."~~sigmonkey

Posts: 9853 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
:^)
Picture of BillyBonesNY
posted Hide Post
I'm intrigued... what did you move to?

I like Glocks but find the new wave of polymers enticing.

----------------------------------------
http://lonesurvivorfoundation.org

Posts: 7179 | Registered: March 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Op,

Any pics you care to post of your results?

Posts: 827 | Location: CA | Registered: January 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You're going to feel
a little pressure...
posted Hide Post
Have you had anybody else shoot it?
Some people just can't deal with the combination of grip angle and trigger. The G34 is typically a laser in most hands. Maybe just not yours.
What gun do you shoot best?

Bruce

"The designer of the gun had clearly not been instructed to beat about the bush. 'Make it evil,' he'd been told. 'Make it totally clear that this gun has a right end and a wrong end. Make it totally clear to anyone standing at the wrong end that things are going badly for them. If that means sticking all sort of spikes and prongs and blackened bits all over it then so be it. This is not a gun for hanging over the fireplace or sticking in the umbrella stand, it is a gun for going out and making people miserable with." -Douglas Adams

“It is just as difficult and dangerous to try to free a people that wants to remain servile as it is to try to enslave a people that wants to remain free."
-Niccolo Machiavelli

The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all. -Mencken

Posts: 4245 | Location: AK-49 | Registered: October 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
No replacement yet. Photos not available

**************~~~~~~~~~~
~SIGforum advisor~
"When the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change, then change will come."~~sigmonkey

Posts: 9853 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I've got a G34 I made out of parts. Come to think it, they're all made of parts. he he Razz

Anyhoo, I bought a used G34 slide from a competition shooter and put it on a used police trade-in frame, and now I call this pistol Ronald Raygun because it's a freakin' laser beam.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107487 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
Best iron sight 1911. Or 320RX.

Not to be bitch~n~moan post, and even with the wonderful qualities of Gl***, we just did not get along.

I've had many over the decades and have always hoped I would adapt to their need.

This G34 has been in reserve for over a decade, just exercised a few times a year. Major practice since last fall, and GSSF matches last couple years.

With a good N frame S&W I could always score far better than any Glock I owned despite efforts.

There's just better use of my range time. If I can take a Mk II Ruger & chase golf balls off the bay, or with a number of other pistols on hand, never being able to find the X ring much less the 8-ring at 25' is simply the last straw.

To the last of my Glock fleet....."It's not ME, it's YOU"....good bye.

**************~~~~~~~~~~
~SIGforum advisor~

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I had issues with a Glock. I was sure as I could be that the problem was with the pistol.

I was wrong. Unless you have someone else shoot your pistol, you might be wrong, too.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107487 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by taguin:
Op,

Any pics you care to post of your results?
Definitely interested.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Out, I say! One: two: why, then, 'tis time to do't. Hell is murky! Fie, my lord, fie! a soldier, and afeard? What need we fear who knows it, when none can call our power to account? Yet who would have thought the old man to have had so much blood in him.

Posts: 15907 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
When I was building a(nother) FrankenGlock I stumbled upon a flat trigger to put in the thing. It fit into the Gen2 frame just fine. Had five connectors to adjust against and decided the mandatory caliber conversion worked perfect.

The trigger setup can be very easily changed to suit your needs. Think of a Glock as an Erector Set with bullets...

Posts: 9140 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
I had a G22 because its appealing to carry 15, or 30, rounds of .40 cal. But the accuracy was not so impressive. I shot the G22 and a pair of Walthers at 25 yards as a comparison. The target was a paper plate. The Glock was all over the place. Some shots were not 'on paper'. All shots from both Walthers were 'on paper'; most were on the flat center. The G22 was traded.

No need to heed Lady McBeth. Sell the Glock. Try the XD9 Tactical or Steyr L9A1.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5962 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
quote:
I was wrong. Unless you have someone else shoot your pistol, you might be wrong, too.

Had others shoot it, including a local high level Glock fan boy & top 5 group real competitor.

He complained about the trigger, not but a few weeks after the GSSF guys worked it over. Others had other unrelated and non helpful comments. Most could keep it on steel plates. I actually got to where running a 6 target falling plate rack could be 5 of 6 almost most of the time.

Never good for bowling pins, not that accurate with several others on paper pin target.

I'm fine with accepting 'I was at fault'.
I'm not fine that I could never correct that.
I'm not fine that I could pick up different pistols & make a decent group.
I'm not fine taking the G34 up again never got to the point of almost 'mediocre'

Last summer a Glockster fan boy buddy & me shot maybe 1000 rounds in a couple hours one fine day. Variety of models/calibers. Could always get at least a FEW in the X ring. With this one NEVER did I intentionally score X-ring.

Pick up the 1911, we got a walnut size group developing. OK, not every time but often enough to notice when ZERO X-ring/ hits are evident. What's different?

I know I prefer 'weight forward' muzzle heavier balance point. I know red dots help me with better groups.

The Fast Fire on the G34 didn't.

Sure, the factory said send it back for evaluation. Was about ready to box it up, but realized I would rather spend that on something newer.

Plus, I got more from selling it than it cost me new.

What is disappointing a bit, is not being able to develop my own technique adequately for more accurate groups.

**************~~~~~~~~~~
~SIGforum advisor~

Green Mountain Boy
Picture of Jus228
posted Hide Post
I look at it as now you get to try something new. Smile

!~God Bless the U.S. Military~!

If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off

Light travels faster than sound, this is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak

Posts: 5563 | Location: Vermont | Registered: March 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
My buddy has a G34. We have experienced similar issues with his. We both tried it the other day, with multiple loads, and it's minute-of-paper-plate accurate, but not much better. My G26 is more accurate than that thing is, which makes absolutely no sense whatsoever, but that's how it is. Maybe they had a bad run of them or something...but when two different people can shoot multiple guns - including other Glocks - with the same ammo, and consistently achieve better results, IMO the blame has to lie with the gun.

Posts: 8537 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I made it so far,
now I'll go for more
Picture of rbert0005
posted Hide Post
Maybe you could try resting the gun on a rest and not your elbows on the bench and see what results you get that way.

Bob

I am no expert, but think I am sometimes.

Posts: 4580 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: January 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
HK P30 and P30L is your answer my friend.
I will put them up against anything out there including all the tack driving 1911's we hear stories about.

Posts: 539 | Registered: August 09, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had a G34 in the past that way left, I had experience shooters tried with different loads with same results. I just purchased an aftermarket barrel and problem solved. I currently have a different G34 and so far have not had any accuracy issues.

Posts: 931 | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
With bad intent
posted Hide Post
When I leave the Glock camp, the only one im keeping is the 34:

Posts: 7912 | Location: One step ahead of you | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tha1000
posted Hide Post
Everybody makes a lemon at some point.

I'm more than happy with my new glock 34 MOS, aside from the legit 7# trigger it shipped with. I've resprung it and have it down to 4ish without messing with the striker spring. I put a dot on it last night and will do some testing today.

Posts: 5383 | Location: MS | Registered: June 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post