SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Is There a Better Mag For My 938?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Is There a Better Mag For My 938? Login/Join 
Picture of buggsboy
posted
Does anyone make a better mag for my 938 than the OEM ones supplied? Anyone such as Checkmate, Wilson, etc.? My 938 runs fine with the OEM mags, but all 5 lose the top round over time when carrying. Doesn’t appear to interfere with function, just annoying. Thanks

Posts: 673 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Nope, there isn’t any money in it and the OEM provider likely has a non-compete with SIG to sell them direct.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of buggsboy
posted Hide Post
Didn’t think so. Thought maybe some other brand of handgun used a mag that would work in my Sig. Thanks

Posts: 673 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Have heard that the Kimber Micro9 mags will work. Do not know what manufacturer for each mag.

Posts: 648 | Location: South Texas | Registered: February 27, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of buggsboy
posted Hide Post
I'll try to borrow one to try. May take a while to locate one.

Picture of Cobra21
posted Hide Post
I've never understood why this is such a big deal. I mean no disrespect. I just don't understsnd what the problem is. Yes, I have a 938 and 30 other handguns.

Risk the consequences of honesty...

Posts: 4498 | Location: DFW, TX | Registered: December 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of buggsboy
posted Hide Post
Not a big deal. It's not supposed to do that, and I'm not sure I should be trusting my life to a gun doing this. I never asked whether you owned one or not, and I wouldn't be rude enough to imply that you didn't. I just prefer that my mags hold on to the ammo. I do carry my 938 almost daily, and will continue to do so. Thanks for your input.

Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wxl:
Have heard that the Kimber Micro9 mags will work. Do not know what manufacturer for each mag.

I heard Checkmate makes the Micro 9 and P938 mags and that except for the shape of the pinky extensions on the 7-round mags, they are identical. The Kimber mags tend to cost a little less, so they have that going for them.

Posts: 3172 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of buggsboy
posted Hide Post
I see one on a major public auction site for around $23.50 shipped. I'm gonna try one.

posted Hide Post
I've been carrying and shooting a P938 SAS for over 4 years. I have 2 6-round mags and 5 7-round mags and I've never had one "lose the top round over time". What exactly do you mean and where does the lost round go? I have noticed that when I load the gun and then drop the magazine the top round is protruding slightly. I just push it back in and top off the magazine and reinsert it. I've never had the top round move while carrying the gun.

Posts: 121 | Location: Ohio | Registered: July 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of buggsboy
posted Hide Post
They pop out the top of the mag and just lie loosely in the open space above the next round. Sometimes when I drop the mag, a round will fall out. Other times the top round will still be in there but pushed forward a good bit. The pistol functions perfectly. Never a single hiccup with it.

Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
My Kahrs always did that, would find loose rounds constantly in my spare mag pouch. Very frustrating. Both the Springfield and Kimber micro-9's are supposed to fit the 938 and are much cheaper. Probably worth a try.

NRA Patron Member, Instructor and CRSO
NC CCH Instructor
GRNC Life Member
VCDL Member

Posts: 1832 | Registered: April 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of buggsboy
posted Hide Post
Pingman, thanks for the info on the Springfield mags. I’ll check them out, along with the Kimber. I also will take one OEM mag and try adjusting the feed lips to see if that helps out. I appreciate your help.