SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    It's beeen a while....
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

It's beeen a while.... Login/Join 
Picture of Bullshooter
posted
since I've dropped by due to some medical issues, but the other day my oldest son and I stopped at the LGS. Browsing around through at least handguns I spied an orphan in the bottom display case. I just had to buy it. This picture isn't mine, I shamelessly stole it from another website just to have a pic.

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants." Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 644 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: February 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Did yours come with a straight trigger?

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bullshooter
posted Hide Post
yes, it's a legion sao

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants." Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 644 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: February 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I see that. I own several Legions. I haven't seen any sold across the counter that came with the straight trigger though, which is why I asked. I k now Bruce offers them for sale from Grey Guns, and it's a copy of his trigger found in the Legion pistols (or was, until not long ago, apparently).

The one in the picture above looks like one of his installations, but I wasn't aware they were selling that way from the factory.

War Damn Eagle!
Picture of Snake207
posted Hide Post
Um, all Legion SAOs come with a straight trigger.

Just Google Image search "Legion SAO"

Posts: 12540 | Location: Realville | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Single action Legions have straight triggers, while double action use a curved trigger? This is true of all Legions? Mine are all double action (da/sa, classic Sig), and have curved triggers. The single action only sigs I've see at the range appeared to have curved triggers, too. Interesting.

--sure enough, a quick check showed every picture I found, including the Sig web site, with straight triggers for each Legion single-action. We learn something new every day, though I could swear the Legions I saw at the range had curved triggers with single action safeties. Perhaps not.

I do note that the curved legion triggers on the Sig website presently aren't the solid GGI style trigger, but look more like a stamped trigger, instead.

Picture of Redhookbklyn
posted Hide Post
I hope your health continues to improve.

That is a fine pistol you picked up.

“There is love in me the likes of which you’ve never seen. There is rage in me the likes of which should never escape."
—Mary Shelley, Frankenstein

Posts: 1930 | Location: South Carolina  | Registered: January 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rockchalk06
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sns3guppy:
The one in the picture above looks like one of his installations, but I wasn't aware they were selling that way from the factory.

The one above is all stock.

Posts: 1363 | Location: OK | Registered: April 13, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bullshooter
posted Hide Post
I am an admitted P226 aficionado. I also have a standard P226R that I sometimes carry in a Galco Miami Classic shoulder rig. Additionally I have a P320FX 9, a P320C 9, which I never intend to drop so they're not going back for the "voluntary" upgrade!

Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Your random pic stolen from the internet is our very own rockchalk06's new 226SAO.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20815 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
Your random pic stolen from the internet is our very own rockchalk06's new 226SAO.

Big Grin

Q

Posts: 26345 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Benderx4
posted Hide Post
I'm lucky enough to own both a 226 and 220 Legion both in SAO and both have straight triggers. Amazing pistols right out of the box! (P229 SAO next!)

Posts: 490 | Location: NE FL, JAX | Registered: July 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Waiting (not)patiently for mine on order....killing me with the pic. Beautiful.

Posts: 492 | Location: The Republic of Texas | Registered: June 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post