SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    'Happy Birthday to me' gun, for those who've done it...
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

'Happy Birthday to me' gun, for those who've done it... Login/Join 
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Yup.

Bought a .44 Magnum Desert Eagle when I turned 44.

Couldn't live without a Kriss Vector when 45 was rapidly approaching.

Wasn't long ago I found a 460 just a year later.

I cut to the chase this time and bought a 50 BMG just in case I'm not around in the next few years. Big Grin

Posts: 9140 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of C-Dubs
posted Hide Post
I bought a P229 in .40 S&W when I hit 40, and a Ruger Redhawk in .45 Colt for my 45th.

Missed out on a .41 Mag for 41, .44 Mag for 44 and the .460 .38supersig did for 46

I'm down to less than 2 years to figure out if I want to get a .50AE, Beowulf or BMG, and then to try to figure out how many limbs I need to sell to make it a reality.

“I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.”

Posts: 2863 | Location: SE WI | Registered: October 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
With the exception of my AR (father's day) & shotgun, all of mine were birthday guns (gift or purchase).
Marlin 60 - 12th
Marlin 336 - 15th
KelTec P11 - 25th
Sig P320 - 28th
Tikka T3x - 31st

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15268 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I got an HK SP5K for my birthday. It's awesome.

Posts: 612 | Location: Las Vegas | Registered: March 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stop Talking, Start Doing
posted Hide Post
Solid choice! I bought a Shockwave a few months back but haven't had a chance to shoot it yet Frown.

Posts: 5071 | Location: The (R)ight side of Washington State | Registered: August 31, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Got a 226 Legion for my birthday last year or year before, whenever they came out. Happily was one of the first people to get one. It was born just before my birthday.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20809 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I got a Springfield EMP 9mm for my 50th from my wife and kids.

Posts: 710 | Registered: November 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Was looking for something to push me into buying a Sig P220 Hunter, I do have a birthday day coming up, deer season will be here before you know it and there are those feral hogs.

NRA Benefactor

Posts: 106 | Location: State of Confusion | Registered: July 05, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pursuing the wicked
Picture of rangemaster
posted Hide Post
In about 2003 or 2004 I found my "birth year" gun for my birthday.

A 1978 NIB Colt New Frontier 7 1/2" Single Action Army in .45 Colt, blue with case color frame.

That is my pinnacle birth year gun.

I celebrate several times a year though. Birthday not required..... Roll Eyes

Next year I plan to do something very special for my 40th. I have not decide what. I have been considering a customization to my stock factory Browning HP 9mm. Perhaps one of the new Automag .44s.

I'm taking suggestions.....

Posts: 1621 | Location: West Virginia | Registered: December 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Twice - when I turned 21 I bought myself a Beretta 96D Centurion. This past year my wife and I bought me a new Browning clays gun. It was a bit more expensive than the Centurion.

Posts: 342 | Location: VA | Registered: June 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I haven't purchased anything in a while. I have been taking more pistol classes and the occasional martial arts seminar.

Posts: 45 | Registered: June 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Copefree:
Solid choice! I bought a Shockwave a few months back but haven't had a chance to shoot it yet Frown.

Just ordered a Shockwave from Palmetto State Armory. I handled one recently, liked it.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
I did. I bought a Glock 35 MOS for my 43rd birthday.
Dealer talked me into a 43 since it was my 43rd birthday.

Next year I plan on buying my first revolver.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8010 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of taco68
posted Hide Post
Never bought a birthday gun. But in 2011, I bought a pair of Rossi S/S lever guns in 44 and 357 after my divorce was final!

Sigs P-220, P-226 9mm, & P-230SL (CCW)

Posts: 2539 | Location: Icebox of the Nation | Registered: January 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
2 years ago I bought myself a P210 for my birthday

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Live today as if it may be your last and learn today as if you will live forever

Posts: 6225 | Location: New Orleans...outside the levees, fishing in the Rigolets | Registered: October 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of motorheadjohn
posted Hide Post
TTIWWOP

I wanted a P226R X-5 Tactical back in 2007-2009 timeframe but couldn't justify the cost.

I recently started thinking about one again, or maybe an All-Around. But, that ship has sailed ... with the difficulty finding one now, and more importantly to me the lack of parts availability.

I'm not a fan of the Legion marketing, but if I had to buy a SiG with a beaver tail, I do like the Legion's reduced tail...and the Legion SAO isn't that far off from the original X-5 Tactical. Then I ran across the current P226R Elite SAO.

I can't justify it. I have no need or rationale for one, maybe IDPA ESP and/or range toy. But that's where the birthday comes in, turning five-oh next month seems like enough justification for a gun I didn't really need.

Picked it up last month, already added Hogue G10 checkered grips and a solid stainless guide rod.

Posts: 1051 | Location: Yorktown, VA | Registered: October 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post