SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Another day, and another pic for Swiss P210 fans
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Another day, and another pic for Swiss P210 fans Login/Join 
posted
One of the 210-5s in my collection. My favourite P210 model is the 210-5 with 150mm barrel.

This one is NIB, unfired, and is fitted with the quite rare "bleilauf" (special barrel for lead projectiles)

Posts: 154 | Location: Sydney, Australia | Registered: December 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Beautiful gun.

Posts: 1099 | Location: Orange Park, FL. | Registered: November 26, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Amazing pistol Lenny. Is its lead bullet barrel a part from Sig ? Someone either had or made after market barrels for shooting lead. That gun is a bullet casters dream. Cant imagine never shooting it.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lenny:
the quite rare "bleilauf" (special barrel for lead projectiles)

Interesting.
Do you know how the lead projectiles barrel differs from the standard barrels?

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47410 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The "bleilauf" or special barrel for lead projectiles is an original SIG-Neuhausen part. They were made in very limited numbers (less than 100) and only in 150mm length for the 210-5 model.

This special barrel is also listed in an original SIG P210 brochure that I have.

They differ from the standard barrels by having a slower twist rate and, unless my eyes deceive, slightly more pronounced rifling. The barrels also have a .5 stamped on the underside.

The reason why I haven't shot this one is that I have an identical model which I shoot very occasionally.

Incidentally, one of my other Swiss P210s has an additional polygon barrel made by Harald Berty of sig210.de or http://www.pistolenspezialist.de/, and that is an astonishingly good shooter.

Posts: 154 | Location: Sydney, Australia | Registered: December 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIG-Sauer
Anthropologist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
quote:
the quite rare "bleilauf" (special barrel for lead projectiles)

Interesting.
Do you know how the lead projectiles barrel differs from the standard barrels?

Rifling lengt is 1/20 instead of 1/10

Posts: 3775 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: January 24, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
having a slower twist rate and, unless my eyes deceive, slightly more pronounced rifling.

Both of those differences would make sense.

I often wondered if the fact that the SIG barrels I have been familiar with over the years had shallower rifling than, for example, the S&W pistols I've owned contributed to SIG's reputation for accuracy with jacketed bullets.

Thanks to you and OTD.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47410 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIG-Sauer
Anthropologist
posted Hide Post
Does not the depth of the rifling relate to twist length and the material of the projectile they lead and its physical properties? That´s what I would assume from studying Greenhill.

SIG barrels and SIGSauer barreles are different items, both made in different companies in different places. They dont compare. One is forged the other button rifled. One was made in Germany the other in Switzerland.

The precsion of the SIG and the SIGSauer pistols relate to the relatively long rails and the barrel lock up. You will notice it when you compare the design of the muzzle bore in the slide to a pistol not made by SIG or SIGSauer.

Posts: 3775 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: January 24, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post