SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    I'm enjoying the comeback of revolvers
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I'm enjoying the comeback of revolvers Login/Join 
A man's got to know
his limitations
Picture of hberttmank
posted Hide Post
I've been shooting revolvers for a long time, they never went away for me.

"But, as luck would have it, he stood up. He caught that chunk of lead." Gunnery Sergeant Carlos Hathcock

Posts: 9366 | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bob RI
posted Hide Post
While I don't shoot them as much as I used to, I still enjoy them very much.

Posts: 4521 | Registered: January 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"Billy346
Picture of Billy346
posted March 28, 2017 04:56 PM Hide Post
I love shooting revolvers. Right now I only have one, a Smith and Wesson M29 Classic .44 Magnum. It goes to the range with me every time I go. I've noticed since I learned to master the double action trigger on my revolver, semi-autos are much easier to shoot and control."

So --- you only have one. I bet that one "made your day".

You sure picked a nice one for your first.

PS I stole your picture. Smile

Posts: 12 | Registered: April 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ball Haulin'
Picture of entropy
posted Hide Post
Shoot and carry revolvers more now than I ever did. Too bad my interest wasnt there when the prices were good.

--------------------------------------
"There are things we know. There are things we dont know. Then there are the things we dont know that we dont know."

Posts: 10079 | Location: At the end of the gravel road. | Registered: November 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Orive 8
posted Hide Post
I see two uses for a revolver nowadays:
1 = the BUG, the S&W 5 shot snubby excels in this role.

2 = the large caliber hunting handgun

And over the years we (my wife and I) have owned (past tense) a few good ones, I am just not seeing a "comeback"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

Posts: 1898 | Location: Collier Twp, PA | Registered: June 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by captain127:
My dream revolver would be a "919" a six shot k frame moon clip 9mm in blued. Doubt it will ever happen as they seem firmly wedded to that butt ugly stainless

S&W 547 is as close as you'll get. No moon clips, it had a really unique spring loaded extractor star.

Ruger also did the Speed Six in 9mm.

Posts: 882 | Location: High desert. Nevada | Registered: April 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
as a person that makes their living in marketing (study, strategy, analysis...blah, blah), ...revolvers aren't "making a come back".

I call this the "Red Ford Explorer syndrome". When I bought a red Explorer, all of a sudden, my new paradigm caused me to be aware of all the other red Explorers on the road.

This effect is magnified by the internet.

"hmm...I have an interest in revolvers. Oh, look at all the revolver posts".

Having said all that nonsense, I love my old S&W's . :-)

Posts: 148 | Registered: June 29, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There's no "come back," but it's really hard to beat a Blackhawk in .41 magnum.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RoverSig
posted Hide Post
I don't know if it is because of a "comeback," but small revolvers have earned a place as carry guns. They are easy to conceal and deploy. Small revolvers are more reliable than pistols of comparable size. Nothing is safer to carry than a revolver.

Posts: 1597 | Location: Virginia, USA | Registered: June 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
Well so far the vote is 100% they're not coming back. But, I have a gut feeling that they will, and there have been a few times that my gut beat conventional wisdom over the long haul, so I'm sticking with my gut, notwithstanding my respect for the vote so far in this thread.

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8679 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TENWOLVES
posted Hide Post
I have been shooting 65 years now, have several revolvers as well as autos, but I will always have a thing for revolvers, my latest is the new offering from Kimber, with their K6S, this is one of the nicest revolvers I own, and find myself carrying it almost daily, and I look forward to the new Colt Cobra when it comes out in supposedly April, so yes I think revolvers are making a come back, they're easy to carry, reliable and point and shoot very well for most people, and that is what most of us look for in an EDC gun, I won't say they are better than my auto's but I won't be getting rid of any of mine either...

P226 Scorpion, P225 A-1, P 226 SAO Legion, P229 Legion, P 22O Hunter SAO, P938, P320 full, P 320X Carry, P365 P365 XL. P365 SAS

Posts: 277 | Location: Grant Pass, Oregon | Registered: April 26, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
For something that isn't coming back, nice ones sure are damned expensive.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12776 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Several of my last few purchases have been Ruger revolvers.

A SBH bisley 454 and a redhawk kodiak backpacker 44mag, and a Blackhawk convertible in 45. All of Them are awesome.

Posts: 5082 | Location: Alaska | Registered: June 12, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ruger sure has been hitting the market with new revolvers.

Ruger had/has the single six in 327 Fed Mag, now available in the SP101 and the LCR.
Plus they added the LCRx model in a couple calibers.

Seems to be a lot of interest in the newer revolvers than ever before.

Posts: 10055 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
They never came back for me; from my early days of gun ownership they were a non-starter so there was nothing to come back from. Then something happened: I bought one a few years ago. I liked it. Now I own several. And I like them.

Hey, I know...it's time to start a thread...we can call it:

You will buy a revolver. Seems like I've heard that somewhere before, but I can't quite place it...

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by soggy_spinout:
They never came back for me; from my early days of gun ownership they were a non-starter so there was nothing to come back from. Then something happened: I bought one a few years ago. I liked it. Now I own several. And I like them.

Hey, I know...it's time to start a thread...we can call it:

You will buy a revolver . Seems like I've heard that somewhere before, but I can't quite place it...

You start it and I'll post in it.. Big Grin

Posts: 4360 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
i've bought last year a Manurhin MR73 gendarmerie 3" wich a delice to shoot, just super accurate at 25 and solid groups in DA at combat distance.
This gun is in service with the famous French GIGN, now i know why!!!!

Posts: 467 | Registered: November 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Revolver guy here . I have a weakness for pre lock Smith 686's.

Posts: 705 | Location: S.W.Florida | Registered: August 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
legendary_lawman
Picture of prairieviper
posted Hide Post
I don't think that revolvers will ever be equal to or exceed the popularity of semi-autos but they will always have a following and a role to play. If I had to choose just one handgun for everything, it would be my S&W Model 66-1, 4 inch barrel, .357 magnum.

My most used range gun is a .22 rimfire S&W 617. Lots of fun and accurate!

"In God We Trust"

Posts: 1992 | Location: Central USA - Cornfields & Cows | Registered: May 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tgtshuter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wrightd:
Does anyone know if S&W is making any revolvers w/out the blasted lock hole, besides the jframe 642 ?

It's amazing they're still doing that given the percentage of people who do not like them. I wouldn't be caught dead with one, unless is was a 500 S&W vs big brown.

Another j-frame, the 340PD, is available with no lock.

I have one for pocket carry.

Posts: 711 | Location: SC, USA | Registered: October 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post