SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    I'm enjoying the comeback of revolvers
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I'm enjoying the comeback of revolvers Login/Join 
Picture of wrightd
posted
Have you guys noticed it ? Revolvers seem to be coming back. Not big ones per se, but guns like the new Colt and Kimber revolvers.

I know some of you guys cut your teeth on revolvers. Personally I love them.

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8657 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pbramlett
posted Hide Post
I'm not really into the new revolvers but i've a newfound love, again, with old revolvers.

Regards,

P.

Posts: 1287 | Location: Alabama | Registered: May 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Yeah they "make my day" Big Grin

Posts: 23393 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have 5 revolvers right now. Once you know how to shoot them well, and it takes a little more practice in my opinion than your average wonder 9, they are a blast.
I will also say that 90% of the time i carry its a revolver.
The one gun i presently have ordered is the new Smith model 66 with 2.75" barrel that they announced at te shot show. (Where is it??)
Yep-I am with you. Love revolvers and their resurrection

Posts: 539 | Registered: August 09, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
Does anyone know if S&W is making any revolvers w/out the blasted lock hole, besides the jframe 642 ?

It's amazing they're still doing that given the percentage of people who do not like them. I wouldn't be caught dead with one, unless is was a 500 S&W vs big brown.

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8657 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
I actually prefer the pre Hillary hole S&W's myself. Recently scored a M10-7 2", very fun shooter even though a 38 (+P for me) ...

Posts: 13806 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I learned how to shoot handguns with a revolver, and still enjoy shooting them. I can't imagine being without at least a "few"!!

Posts: 6613 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In my experience spanning now close to four decades I simply shoot a revolver more accurately than any auto. For me revolvers never went out of style. While I shoot and carry some autos when situations warrant my go to will always be the revolver.
I will be happy when S&W starts marketing some of the innovative models (7-8 shot 9mm 10 shot 22) in a blued finish. I hate stainless but figure I better not hold my breath on that.
My dream revolver would be a "919" a six shot k frame moon clip 9mm in blued. Doubt it will ever happen as they seem firmly wedded to that butt ugly stainless

Posts: 3287 | Location: Finally free in AZ! | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Billy346
posted Hide Post
I love shooting revolvers. Right now I only have one, a Smith and Wesson M29 Classic .44 Magnum. It goes to the range with me every time I go. I've noticed since I learned to master the double action trigger on my revolver, semi-autos are much easier to shoot and control.

"Like a horse has its rider, and the sky has its moon, a man has his loneliness, mistaken as pride." -Longmire

Posts: 539 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: January 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of gaspipes
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wrightd:
Have you guys noticed it ? Revolvers seem to be coming back. Not big ones per se, but guns like the new Colt and Kimber revolvers.

I know some of you guys cut your teeth on revolvers. Personally I love them.

As someone who works in a major gun retailer, I assure you revolvers aren't coming back. Wink We sell bottom feeders 30-1.

And Colt introduced the new Cobra to great fan fare on Jan 1 and it's nearly April and I've yet to see one.

Μολὼν λαβέ

Posts: 1345 | Registered: October 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doin' what I can
with what I got
Picture of Rob Decker
posted Hide Post
Revolvers as a niche and a nostalgia item will probably be around forever.

s far as "coming back?" I doubt it.

----------------------------------------
Death smiles at us all. Be sure you smile back.

Posts: 5540 | Location: Greater Nashville, TN | Registered: May 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4859
posted Hide Post
Coming back? They have never left Sir.

-----------------------------
Always carry. Never tell.

Posts: 5772 | Location: Montana  | Registered: May 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Something wild
is loose
Picture of Doc H.
posted Hide Post
I don't recall my SAA Colts ever leaving.... Smile

"And gentlemen in England now abed, shall think themselves accursed they were not here, and hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks that fought with us upon Saint Crispin's Day"

Posts: 2746 | Location: The Shire | Registered: October 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I can't seem to find anything I enjoy shooting more than revolvers! My S&W 625-4 5" 45acp is my top favorite, love it. Also my S&W 686-3 6"357 is a sweet classic. I have done my own trigger work on both, they are a joy to shoot both DA and SA and you get spoiled with triggers that don't have take-up, don't have creep, and don't have overtravelSmile That is what I have such a hard time with on other types of guns. However I will say I did enjoy my P320 I had in 9mm and will likely pick one up in 45acp soon so that I don't lose touch with semi-autos.
No matter what, shooting any handgun is a fun privilege for me!
Karl

Posts: 105 | Location: North Central Ohio | Registered: October 19, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wrightd:
Does anyone know if S&W is making any revolvers w/out the blasted lock hole, besides the jframe 642 ?

It's amazing they're still doing that given the percentage of people who do not like them. I wouldn't be caught dead with one, unless is was a 500 S&W vs big brown.

Only J-frame Centennial models are currently available without the internal lock, such as the 442-1/642-1, 640-1, 640 Pro, etc.

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts." Sherlock Holmes

Posts: 1286 | Registered: February 26, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I learned how to shoot handguns with semi-autos, but I found I tended to shoot revolvers better. It's funny when your qualification score with a beat-up issued S&W Model 10 ends up being higher than with a custom 1911.

My current EDC is a 642-1. Before that I've carried a 3" 65 and a 2" 64. I've also carried a Glock 23, but nowhere near as much as my revolvers.

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts." Sherlock Holmes

Posts: 1286 | Registered: February 26, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
I like the idea of keeping a wheelie or two around in case of an extended defense or survival situation and you need to equip and bring up to speed someone with limited firearm experience. Sort of like Han Solo outfitting Rei with a "small" blaster with almost no time for training.

Plus they're just fun to shoot, which means you might practice more yourself.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16319 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's all part of
the adventure...
posted Hide Post
I have several revolvers; of my last two gun purchases, one was a wheel gun. My favorite part of shooting them is not having to bend over to pick up brass. The downside is more holes to clean. Roll Eyes

Regards From Sunny Tucson,
SigFan

NRA Life - IDPA - USCCA - GOA - JPFO - ACLDN - SAF - AZCDL - ASA

"Faith isn't believing that God can; it's knowing that He will." (From a sign on a church in Nicholasville, Kentucky)

Posts: 1680 | Location: Tucson, Arizona | Registered: January 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Avoiding
slam fires
Picture of 45 Cal
posted Hide Post
I have been shooting revolvers for fifty years,they are smiths and I have pairs of them mostly,these days.
I have downsized on some to friends

Posts: 22409 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yea, verily, I say unto ye:
GP100.
Go forth and sin no more!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16070 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post