SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Finally added a P226...AIMsurplus police trade in
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Finally added a P226...AIMsurplus police trade in Login/Join 
posted
Back in the day, my brother was issued a .40 with a 9mm ammo stipend to practice (govt at its finest). So we'd go to the range and rent a P226, as my P229 was .40 too.

Even though I enjoyed shooting the P226, I never saw the need to go bigger than the P229/228. Well, AIM had 9mm P226R trade-ins for $500 (I think they had non-railed for $50 less and Mk 25 for $50 more). I did an impulse buy, which is rare for me. Can't argue with the results. Someone in the other thread asked for an update, but I decided to make a separate thread.

This one is in pretty good condition for a trade-in. Clearly carried a lot and shot little. Only holster wear I see is on the trigger guard, probably from a retention holster. The tang/beavertail, front grip strap and the bottom of the right grip panel show some wear too, probably from seatbelt and everyday bumps.

The trigger is smooth, but needs the SRT. The braided recoil spring doesn't have any poking center thread, but I'll probably get a parts kit anyway. The plastic guide rod doesn't bother me. Really quite clean, but not really oiled. A little tacky actually. Smilies are there, so it's been used, but nothing like my P229 where there's no smilies, it's solidly polished stripes.

I was a bit surprised the frame says made in Germany, for some reason I thought the -R production was US. Slide has no marks other than P226. Barrel has a DE stamp, so I dunno if that came from Germany. No department markings so dunno where it came from. U 846xxx serial, which I think puts it around 2009, but the grip panels don't have a date stamp.

Anyway, enough with my babbling, on to the pics:

A nice addition to the SIG family!

(If you can't tell from my cell pic, left to right: 230/226/228/229/229/2022/320)

------------------------------------------------
Charter member of the vast, right-wing conspiracy

Posts: 1860 | Registered: June 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The deals on the trade-ins make it hard not to impulse buy. Very nice!

Posts: 51 | Registered: April 24, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hey! I like stuff
posted Hide Post
The MK25 I got during the same sale is in amazing condition, can't say the same about the magazine I received though. I'm extremely happy with the LEO trade in deals they have been posting and keep a close eye on their website.

Posts: 2756 | Location: Sterling, VA | Registered: July 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The pics look great and it is in excellent shape. I wanted to get one but thought it would turn out to be a run down pistol. Nice score.

Posts: 6872 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I should also add a kudos to AIM for how they handled the order. My usual FFL had their paperwork expire and hadn't received the renewal. AIM was patient and gave me two weeks. I waited for a week and a half until I went with another FFL for the transfer.

------------------------------------------------
Charter member of the vast, right-wing conspiracy

Posts: 1860 | Registered: June 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
sweet!

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10905 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
GREAT SCORE!!! Update request was mine...Thank you very much! Almost wish I hadn't asked.. Like the other poster i was worried about condition. Damn it man I shoulda pulled the trigger especially when they had the MK's... Let us know how she shoots...

Posts: 269 | Registered: August 12, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post