SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    I broke two guns in one day
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I broke two guns in one day Login/Join 
Picture of scot818
posted
I've been shooting for years and never broke a gun, until now... I went to the range to try out a new Glock 19 that I recently bought. I shot 150 through it and it ran fine other than a little to the left. Just as I was walking back to reload I saw a gap with light below the front sight. When I touched it, it nearly fell off. One gun broke.

Next I began shooting my VP9 for comparison. At one point I wanted to reload my pistol by using the cocking supports and my holster. I wedged the cocking support along the top edge of my holster and drove it down to work the slide one handed. When I did so the support popped out of the slide... second gun broke.

I'll get the front sight fixed this week. I've got to start looking to see about the HK.

Has anyone else popped or changed those supports/wings?

Posts: 1442 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: May 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
To Do What is
Right and Just
posted Hide Post
Just remove the rear sight t9 change the wings on the vp9. Easy as can be.

As for the glock, just use loctite and good to go.

Posts: 2439 | Location: Usually Somewhere | Registered: July 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by scot818:
I've been shooting for years and never broke a gun, until now... I went to the range to try out a new Glock 19 that I recently bought. I shot 150 through it and it ran fine other than a little to the left. Just as I was walking back to reload I saw a gap with light below the front sight. When I touched it, it nearly fell off. One gun broke.

Next I began shooting my VP9 for comparison. At one point I wanted to reload my pistol by using the cocking supports and my holster. I wedged the cocking support along the top edge of my holster and drove it down to work the slide one handed. When I did so the support popped out of the slide... second gun broke.

I'll get the front sight fixed this week. I've got to start looking to see about the HK.

Has anyone else popped or changed those supports/wings?

I have 2 vp9's that I shoot in uspsa. So far the charging supports have been great, but I never charge them on my holsterSmile They are replaceable or you can get a filler to do without them. I've heard of 2 or 3 that have come loose or broken, but I think most of them seem to hold up.

p229Extreme/P226Tac-Ops/P226 Extreme/P226 SAO) P226 X-5 Blue Moon/P226 X-5 Black and White

Posts: 750 | Registered: March 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1KPerDay
posted Hide Post
In my view, "broke" means no longer goes bang, or becomes potentially dangerous to fire. Plastic sights snapping off a glock are no big loss... save you the trouble of removing them. Big Grin

---------------------------
My hovercraft is full of eels.

Posts: 3204 | Registered: February 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post