SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P250-22 Loose Magazines?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P250-22 Loose Magazines? Login/Join 
posted
I'm new to Sig and SIGforum, so I apologize if I'm putting this in the wrong place.

Anyway, I just purchased both a P250 9mm and a 22 version. The magazines for the 22 are really loose when fully inserted. You can shake the gun and audibly hear it clank around.

Is this normal or is there something I can do about it?

Posts: 3 | Registered: August 17, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
Welcome to Sig Forum.

A question, is the magazine itself loose, or is it the internal sleeve that's loose? I know the 250-22 uses standard mags that have the internal sleeve for the .22 ammo. Wondering if the sleeve isn't secured well.

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's the magazine itself. When pushing in the magazine it's nice and snug but once it's fully in it clanks around. Seems to have 1 or 2 mm of movement at the very bottom of the magazine.

I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
Ok, so with that I'm wondering if it's the fact that on a centerfire model the full sized follower and associated rounds puts enough pressure on the slide to keep the magazine tight against the mag release. This being a .22 the follower is much smaller and presumably the spring pressure is less.

Just spit balling here. That said, as long as the gun functions I wouldn't let it worry me too much. If anything you might be able to add a very small shim to one side of the mag or another, just enough to curtail the side-to-side movement but not interfere with insertion/extraction of the mag.

Most .22 caliber conversion kits/full guns will have more play than their centerfire counterparts, I would assume due to the variation in .22 ammo.

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a P250C-22 and five maqs. I can get any of them to rattle if I shake them hard enough. Especially with the slide locked back.

Why would I want to do that?

Posts: 1350 | Location: WI | Registered: July 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm just trying to determine if this is normal for such a firearm. I used the example of shaking the gun in order to illustrate my perception of the degree of looseness.