SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    New P-365 range report.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New P-365 range report. Login/Join 
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted
My Son bought a 365 with an October born on date.

We have had it for a little over a month now and finally made it to the range today.

We shot 230 rounds of WW white box, with 4 different mags. All mags held the slide back when the last round was fired.

I really like it with the 12 round mags, as it was the only way I was able to get a decent grip.

Four of us shot this gun.

At 7 yards, it appears to shoot a little low, but when I compensated, I was able to shoot some very nice groups. I do like the factory sights.

Out of 230 rounds, we did experience what I will call three light primer strikes. The RO came over and examined the rounds.

My Son was very concerned. I told him we need to shoot some other ammo, before I will be too concerned.

Has anyone else experienced light primer strikes with WW white box 9mm?

All in all, I really like this P365.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36834 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The P365 is fun to shoot isn't it?! Never fails that my first shot at 7 yds is a bulls eye - of course then I get cocky and the groups spread out a bit.

Mine has a 2 Oct 18 build date. I've had 3 light strikes out of about 600 rounds - 2 with Sellior & Bellot FMJ and 1 with Freedom Munitions reload FMJ. I was a bit concerned - but someone said maybe the primers were just hard. My P-250 that never fails had 2 Light Strikes on the S&B. They worked fine once reloaded into the Magazine. So maybe they are just hard.

The SD ammo I've run - Speer & Sig Hollow points - has run fine until the last session - then the slide failed to fully return to battery when cycling 1 time with the Speer. I've only run maybe 50-60 rounds of SD ammo through it - so maybe too small a sample set.

I have to be honest that I'm a bit disappointed - I've not had issues with any other Sig handgun other than the Jam-o-Matic 1911-22 that GSG made for them - but I almost look at that as a malfunction training weapon.

Posts: 247 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: December 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Haven't seen much 365 bashing lately and I was hoping all was well with the factory changes.
Mine was made Sept 2018 and I have not had issues with it. Close to 600 rounds now. Different weights and brands.

Posts: 1652 | Location: SC | Registered: December 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mine has an October 2018 birthday. I have been taking it to the range at least 2x a week with a huge supply of Magtech 124 grain. With more than 500 rnds so far, not a single problem, although the ammo has not varied yet. On my Christmas trip to Dallas (with family) I have committed it to carry. I am that confident.

Posts: 627 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: October 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would try something better than WWB such as Lawman or American Eagle .

Posts: 604 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: June 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 10-7 leo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GrumpyMCO:
The SD ammo I've run - Speer & Sig Hollow points - has run fine until the last session - then the slide failed to fully return to battery when cycling 1 time with the Speer. I've only run maybe 50-60 rounds of SD ammo through it - so maybe too small a sample set.

I have let a friend of mine shoot my 365 a number of times. Invariably, he will have problems with the feeding of rounds and the slide not going all the way into battery. I also had problems, in the beginning.

When I caution him to watch his thumbs, he has no more problems. Whenever I have shot it after him, it has functioned correctly for me.

My experience has been that thumbs will create problems. Watch where they are placed.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
If you beat your swords into plowshares, you will become farmers for those who didn't!
Political Correctness is fascism pretending to be Manners-George Carlin

Posts: 2038 | Location: Central FL | Registered: September 03, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Old Air Cavalryman
Picture of ARMT Guy
posted Hide Post
Congrats on the 365.

I haven't ran any WWB through mine, but I did have one light strike with some GA Arms Canned Heat, but that was it. 1100 + rounds fired from my April '18 P365 and she's running great.

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me."

Posts: 7464 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
WWB is trash.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37084 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I haven't had an light primer strikes with mine, but it hasn't hiccupped with any ammunition run through it. A bunch of winchester white box, remington UMC, a bunch of federal, and a lot of my own reloads with coated bullets in 124 and 115 gn. I don't think there has been a single issue thus far.

Still don't trust it, though.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 10-7 leo:
I have let a friend of mine shoot my 365 a number of times. Invariably, he will have problems with the feeding of rounds and the slide not going all the way into battery. I also had problems, in the beginning.

When I caution him to watch his thumbs, he has no more problems. Whenever I have shot it after him, it has functioned correctly for me.

My experience has been that thumbs will create problems. Watch where they are placed.

Thanks - I get sloppy with it sometimes - thus my deteriorating accuracy - so your thumbs suggestion is something I'll focus more on - thanks!

Posts: 247 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: December 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
WWB is trash.

This ^^^^^^

over 8 k rounds thru mine zero issues, I just love the 365.

Posts: 5574 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
If I was still working and my agency was supplying tax payer paid for ammunition maybe I'd be using something other than WINCHESTER White Box. Our armory kept thousands of rounds of 9mm, .45acp, .380acp, 00 and .223. At the time the contract was for FEDERAL, delivered by semi truck. Just ask and we could draw a certain amount for practice every month.

I'm retired now and I have no issues using WWB in any of my pistols. If it's a little 'dirtier' than other manufacturers, that's fine with me. I clean mine after every range shoot anyway. Razz

Beware of a man whose only pistol is a 1911, he's probably very good with it.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I finally had a chance to run a hundred plus rounds through mine the other day.
Perfect although it shoots low at 10 yards. Once I figured it out was fairly accurate.
I like my P365.

P220R-45-EQ, P226R-40, P229R-9-SCT, P239-357-SAS2B, P365-9-BXR3 plus some Ruger's.

Posts: 265 | Location: Arizona | Registered: June 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sloman
posted Hide Post
Over 800 rounds through mine with about 7 different ammos, not one hiccup. Keeper! Love it. Say bye bye G43!

Posts: 118 | Location: SC | Registered: April 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Chazman1946
posted Hide Post
This is my second P365, first one with a born date of June had very severe primer drag so I flipped it.

Second one with a born date of 30 October has next to no primer drag, and has had 300 rounds through it flawlessly, several different brands, various grain weights, 115, 124 and my favorite Federal HST 147 gr.

The pistol is also dead on accurate! It's a keeper now!

My G43 and Ruger LC9s pro have both gone bye bye! My Shield 2.0 with green laser is still a keeper, although relegated to second string bench warmer.

Posts: 78 | Registered: July 06, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rev. A. J. Forsyth
posted Hide Post
quote:
WWB is trash.

I've never understood the hatred for WWB. I've shot quite a bit of it in 9mm and .40 cal. Why does everyone hate it so?

Posts: 1639 | Location: Winston-Salem  | Registered: April 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Out of 230 rounds, we did experience what I will call three light primer strikes.

Because this is so sporadic, it is really hard to say whether the striker malfunctioned and failed to indent the primer enough or the primers were too hard on those particular rounds. Before fully committing to it, if I were in your shoes I'd make sure the striker, its channel and spring are clean as well as trying some different ammo.

I saw one of these guns for the first time in a Bass Pro store and was surprised by its size.

Posts: 27835 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
parati et volentes
Picture of houndawg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by XLT:
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
WWB is trash.

This ^^^^^^

over 8 k rounds thru mine zero issues, I just love the 365.

Are you trying to wear it out?

Posts: 8272 | Location: Illinois, Occupied America | Registered: February 23, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post