SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Pawn Shop Single Six
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pawn Shop Single Six Login/Join 
Picture of got2hav1
posted
I bought my first Single Six today. Never owned one before. Generally I prefer shorter barrels, but I just had to rescue this one from the pawn shop. Looks to be about 23 years old and I can't find a flaw on it. It has been shot a little but well cared for. Came complete with the yellow box , cardboard sleeve box, manual and warranty card. Also has the .22 mag cylinder. Really nice wood on the grips too. What do you guys think, any long barrel fans ?

JEREMIAH 33:3

Posts: 2757 | Location: Eastern NC | Registered: March 14, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fly High, A.J.
Picture of tk13
posted Hide Post
I don't generally go in for the buntlines, but that is gorgeous.

Posts: 1647 | Location: Suffolk, VA | Registered: March 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I am not
posted Hide Post
huh...all I ever see are lorcins, highponts and taraus!!!

Posts: 7796 | Location: Bismarck ND | Registered: February 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Observer
Picture of phxtoad
posted Hide Post
Very nice!

phxtoad

"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Posts: 420 | Location: Tempe, Arizona | Registered: October 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
That's special! Have you shot it yet?

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That is a beautiful revolver. Congratulations, you will enjoy it. I have the 6.5 and 5.5 inch barreled versions, and they are fun.

Posts: 655 | Location: Northern Colorado, USA | Registered: September 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
That is a very nice Single Six...it's been many years since I have seen one that nice Smile

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10584 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
To all of you who are serving or have served our country, Thank You
Picture of Jelly
posted Hide Post
Nice! It is rare to see used Single Six at LGS around here. Let alone a 9 1/2"? one. Good find!

Posts: 2679 | Registered: March 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I prefer shorter barrels, but that one would be fun to play with off the bench.

Posts: 937 | Location: WV | Registered: May 30, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of got2hav1
posted Hide Post
I do also prefer the shorter barrels but I have never seen one of these for sale. So I scooped it up. Haven't shot it yet but can't wait to try it.

JEREMIAH 33:3

Posts: 2757 | Location: Eastern NC | Registered: March 14, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Who Woulda
Ever Thought?
posted Hide Post
Nice! When the bullet leaves the barrel it's halfway there.

Posts: 6587 | Registered: August 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of msfzoe
posted Hide Post
It's a winner.
Had one, in the 70s, with an 8 3/8" barrel.
Terrific plinker with either cylinder.
Enjoy.

Posts: 2422 | Location: newyorkistan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rockchalk06
posted Hide Post
Nice!

Posts: 1363 | Location: OK | Registered: April 13, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Beautiful.....looks brand new .....enjoy it!

Posts: 394 | Location: Florida Gulf Coast | Registered: October 17, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
BEE-YOU-TEA-FULL!!! Smile

Have a 6 1/2" I bought new in the 1960's. A favorite. Never converted it to the new and "improved" transfer bar safety feature.

A real fun gun. Also dispatched a few woodchucks with mine.

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That should be a tac driver. I was at a gun shop about a year ago and found Ruger O/M 3 screw 22 with 4.5/8 barrel mint ,no box 349 I jumped on it .

Posts: 936 | Registered: July 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Road Kill
Picture of Wyatt_jr
posted Hide Post
That's a cool piece.
I have one in 44 mag with a 10.5. Got it here in the classifieds maybe 5-8 years ago.

Posts: 1851 | Location: Chester County, PA | Registered: March 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post