SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    A 5 weeks 10,000 rounds report on a Klein Ni P228 - Lots and lots of pics. /// ** 20k ** (p.4) /// *** RIP @ 25k *** (p.6)
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A 5 weeks 10,000 rounds report on a Klein Ni P228 - Lots and lots of pics. /// ** 20k ** (p.4) /// *** RIP @ 25k *** (p.6) Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Outstanding review and superb pics! Good shooting, too! I could look at those all day! Thanks!

I've never taken a fancy to nickel guns, but I guess I'm wrong again. The resilience of the nickel and its wear resistance are unbelievable. Just incredible.

Posts: 1087 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you for the well-documented Phase-1.

Did one round type (manufacture and weight) distinguish themselves over, or below, the rest?

In 1993, I bought my first "new" Sig, A P226 West German 9mm, no idea how many thousands of rounds have been sent through that firearm! But, it is still one of my "favorites"!

Posts: 143 | Location: NoVA | Registered: August 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Let's be careful
out there
posted Hide Post
Holy Moly!! who loaded all those mags? How many Lulas did you wear out?

Posts: 7333 | Location: NW OHIO | Registered: May 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NOT compromised!
Picture of SIGWALLY
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:
Originally posted by SIGWALLY:
Q, looking at the wear between the two pistols, would you say the nickel offered slightly more protection than the Nitron?

I don't think we can really say much, with just the 200 rounds through each at the beginning. The odd looking wear spot on the left frame rail of the black gun looks to me like it was due to some bur in the slide rail. But, I couldn't appreciate anything running a finger along it. Just strange. Btw, it's not Nitron. The frame is black hard anodized, and the slide is blued.

Thank you Q. Your hard work on putting this together for us is very much appreciated...

Posts: 1527 | Location: Tampa Bay, Florida | Registered: July 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Throwin sparks
makin knives
Picture of sybo
posted Hide Post
Outstanding test, great shooting, and great pistola you have there!! I would love a Nickle like that!

Posts: 6203 | Location: Nashville Tn | Registered: October 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bob at the Beach
posted Hide Post
Awesome post. It’s interesting how the smiley on the barrel starts to develop,
while the rails look pristine.

Posts: 1473 | Location: Boardwalk, Va Beach | Registered: March 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
Wow is about all I can say. Have you thought of writing a report of getting this info Sig, or to a gun magazine?

Well, I guess B152251 is broken in now and good to go for CCW! Big Grin

Posts: 4006 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very impressive Q. Thanks for taking the time

Posts: 1562 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: August 17, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of got2hav1
posted Hide Post
I think that lube must be the right stuff for a Nickel P228. Looks outstanding. Apparently pretty accurate too. Job well done.

JEREMIAH 33:3

Posts: 2745 | Location: Eastern NC | Registered: March 14, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
2/8/19 Update: It's at 11,500 rounds as of today (3 additional trips x 500 rds each). No malfunctions. But, I can really feel the original recoil spring getting softer. Can actually feel the slide moving slower back to its location. I'll give it another 500 rds on the next trip and see if I'll get malfunctions. Then, will change recoil spring, if I experience several hang ups.

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Recoil spring only? Clean it? Wiped down, and grease?

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20756 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mark60
posted Hide Post
That was awesome. Thank you for the details and the detailed pics, it's very interesting to me. I can't believe the gun cleaned up so well.

Posts: 3437 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just mobilize it
posted Hide Post
Can’t think of a better person to do a 228 endurance test! Great write up Q!

Posts: 4608 | Registered: July 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Valentine's Day shoot. Good old Ni P228 continues to chuck along. 500 rds mag dump was not enough to completely punch through. Still, it was great fun. Big Grin

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire for effect
posted Hide Post
Wow! That's just incredible! Thanks!

"Ride to the sound of the big guns."

Posts: 7210 | Location: South Georgia | Registered: May 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Awesome target, Q!

MudPhud

Posts: 41 | Registered: February 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Greymann
posted Hide Post
Heart; nice touch Smile

Posts: 1540 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: March 21, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
great stuff, thanks for sharing this info.

Wow, 5 days 3000 rds,

Must have had lots of excess ammo laying around.

When I went to Gunsite, we took 600 for the pistol, 600 for the AR and 250 for the shotgun and that was costly.

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wgsigs
posted Hide Post
The burning question I want to ask is were you shooting up an old stockpile of ammo, or did you find a truckload sale on 9mm ammo? Big Grin

Congratulations on taking on this monumental effort.

Posts: 2807 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow, that is a great review and a good testament to the gun. I really like the look of that pistol,it is very nice and still looks new.

Posts: 6840 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post