SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Newbie question re P938
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Newbie question re P938 Login/Join 
Picture of YukonCornelius
posted
I'm very familiar with 1911s in general, but when I first went to the range with the new Sig i had four failure to loads in the first forty shots. the ammo was Remington 124 grain hollow points. Did I under lubricate it, or is this pistol sensitive to certain ammo?

Sig Sauer P938
Browning Auto 5

Posts: 8 | Location: Key West, Florida | Registered: October 19, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Need more information.

Did it fail to feed when you first loaded or was it in the middle of strings? What position(s) were the rounds? Did you clean and lube prior to shooting? Did you mark magazines and see if it only happened with a certain one?

------------------------------------------------
Charter member of the vast, right-wing conspiracy

Posts: 1860 | Registered: June 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
6 round or 7 round magazines?

There were some older 938 7 round magazines that were giving people fits.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of YukonCornelius
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BuddyChryst:
Need more information.

Did it fail to feed when you first loaded or was it in the middle of strings? What position(s) were the rounds? Did you clean and lube prior to shooting? Did you mark magazines and see if it only happened with a certain one?

Failed to feed in the middle of strings. Was clean as a whistle prior to shooting, and I'm honestly not sure if I overlubricated it. It did happen with only one 7 round mag, so I will try the other mag. What practice ammo should I be using?

Sig Sauer P938
Browning Auto 5

Posts: 8 | Location: Key West, Florida | Registered: October 19, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SteveR2012
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YukonCornelius:
quote:
Originally posted by BuddyChryst:
Need more information.

Failed to feed in the middle of strings. Was clean as a whistle prior to shooting, and I'm honestly not sure if I overlubricated it. It did happen with only one 7 round mag, so I will try the other mag. What practice ammo should I be using?

My P938 has consumed all kinds of ammo. I typically stick with 124 grain FMJ for practice, and Federal 124 grain HST's for carry.

Posts: 109 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: March 25, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post