SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Probably a very stupid question, sorry! P365 XL mag compatibility
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Probably a very stupid question, sorry! P365 XL mag compatibility Login/Join 
posted
I carry a 365 XL and am looking at getting some extra mags. My understanding is, any extended capacity magazine will work with either the 365 or 365 XL. I just am not finding anything that says that's definitively true.

I realize the shorter 10-rd flush mag for the 365 won't fit the XL. But otherwise aren't mags for one generally interchangeable with both and basically the same mag just with different grip extension?

Did I mention this was a stupid question already? lol

Just wanting to make sure my understanding is right before I buy anything.

Posts: 4 | Location: Texas | Registered: September 29, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The newest 12 and 15 round magazines include bases for both the standard 365 and the XL. Some early 12 round mags did not include the XL bases because the gun was not out yet. Not sure about the 15 round mags. I lost the XL base for one of my 15 rounders and ended up swapping the base from my flush 10 round on when I switched to an XL grip.

Posts: 5163 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DaBigBR:
The newest 12 and 15 round magazines include bases for both the standard 365 and the XL. Some early 12 round mags did not include the XL bases because the gun was not out yet. Not sure about the 15 round mags. I lost the XL base for one of my 15 rounders and ended up swapping the base from my flush 10 round on when I switched to an XL grip.

Makes sense. Sounds like what I was thinking - the base or overall length is the only thing that would make a mag incompatible, nothing internal.

Posts: 4 | Location: Texas | Registered: September 29, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
II just bought 2 12rd mags from Osage, they came with the XL base plate installed (which I wanted) but also included the 365 base plate

Posts: 455 | Location: Marblehead ohio | Registered: January 05, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
98.SiG and Rising
Picture of Sig Fever
posted Hide Post
You can use the 10 round mags in the XL with these base adapters. I have two since I run the XL grip module on my P365. They are very well made.

https://tactical.dev/collectio...l-10-round-magazines

Warning...SiGs are addictive, keep out of the reach of adults!

Blue Lives Matter: Thank a Police Officer for their Service!

Posts: 5795 | Location: Virginia USA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Now that's kind of interesting. Makes the XL a thing for the mag cap states. I like it!

Posts: 5163 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Now that's kind of interesting. Makes the XL a thing for the mag cap states. I like it!
Yes, and Sig offers the XL from the factory with the 10 round mags.

Posts: 111 | Location: Alabama | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sjames
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig Fever:
You can use the 10 round mags in the XL with these base adapters. I have two since I run the XL grip module on my P365. They are very well made.

https://tactical.dev/collectio...l-10-round-magazines

Thanks for sharing that!

I’m going to grab a number of them and store them just for versatility sake. If mag availability gets tight, the ability to throw 5-6 more mags that once were held back just for my 365 module in the mix would come in handy!

Posts: 2505 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: August 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of T.Webb
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ARH19456:
quote:
Yes, and Sig offers the XL from the factory with the 10 round mags.

Sadly, I'm in one of those states behind the Iron Curtain. My P365XL has 10 rounders.

"Tonight, we are a country awakened to danger and called to defend freedom. Our grief has turned to anger and anger to resolution. Whether we bring our enemies to justice or bring justice to our enemies, justice will be done". {George W. Bush, Post 9/11}

Posts: 842 | Location: Long Island, N.Y. / Stephentown, N.Y. | Registered: March 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post