SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    X5 P226 Short & Smart , recoil spring?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

X5 P226 Short & Smart , recoil spring? Login/Join 
Picture of fiddlers
posted
My favorite SIG pistol needs a new recoil spring. Can anyone help me with the type to order and where I can do so?
This is a Mastershop pistol that is no longer sold or imported by SIG USA.

Posts: 948 | Location: SWFL | Registered: April 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I made it so far,
now I'll go for more
Picture of rbert0005
posted Hide Post
Same as a 226

Bob

I am no expert, but think I am sometimes.

Posts: 4580 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: January 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rbert0005:
Same as a 226

Bob

It would appear so, since they are both SS slide and same bbl length. Does it really work?
The guide rod assembly of the X5 gun is different from the "regular" P226. And, its recoil spring is single stranded, while the regular P226's is coil stranded.

Q

Posts: 26339 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JAFO
posted Hide Post
I use standard 226 springs in my Allround.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>
"I drank what?" - Socrates

Posts: 5181 | Location: S.A., TX | Registered: July 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JAFO:

Interesting. The Allround is 5-inch bbl length. The regular P226 is 4.4. No problems whatsoever?

Q

Posts: 26339 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tooky13
posted Hide Post
When I converted one of my Allrounds from .40 to 9mm, I got an X5 recoil spring from Top Gun. They carry both a P226 and an X5 spring. The difference is the P226 spring is $10 and the X5 is $26 (probably the same spring with a different label). I bit the bullet for the X5, it's not like you have to buy them every month.

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.
Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1307 | Location: Scottsdale, Arizona | Registered: December 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
The recoil spring for my X5 Comp is slightly narrower on one end (front, I think). Don't know if that's the case for the standard P226.

When I field strip my X5, I put a paperclip on the front end of the spring to make sure I keep the proper orientation.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8933 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JAFO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:
Originally posted by JAFO:

Interesting. The Allround is 5-inch bbl length. The regular P226 is 4.4. No problems whatsoever?

No. I've never changed the smaller, rear recoil spring. I used to use GGI pink springs on the front half, but I ran out and they never got them back in stock, so I have since switched to the orange. I'm primarily shooting reloads (124gr @ ~1095fps, or 136PF).

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>
"I drank what?" - Socrates

Posts: 5181 | Location: S.A., TX | Registered: July 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fiddlers
posted Hide Post
Thanks for all your input.
I just ordered the spring from Top Gun, today!
It should work, but it is 12 vs. 10 coils.

Posts: 948 | Location: SWFL | Registered: April 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post