SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Factory G20 trigger bar question
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Factory G20 trigger bar question Login/Join 
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted
I know...I'm supposed to be a Glock fanboy and by osmosis know these things. But I don't have a lot of experience with older big frame Glocks G20/G21, so I ask:

Is the Gen3 trigger bar for the G20 supposed to have the pimple on the striker safety plunger engagement leg? Or should that be flat, just like it is on Gen3 bars for 9mm/40/357SIG guns?

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of Death
and Destruction
Picture of walker77
posted Hide Post
Ill have to look at mine when I get home.

Its easy to swap out to one.

Posts: 7398 | Location: Raymore, Missouri | Registered: June 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
so sexy it hurts
Picture of agony
posted Hide Post
I think the bump started showing up on some of the later gen3 SF large frame pistols. I honestly can't remember if it was there prior to the SF frames. I no longer have any gen3 large framed pistols.

The bump is there for a reason, to keep the bar from slipping laterally. I don't sweat it anymore. The only thing I have noticed is that the sharper edges on the some of the bumpy bars will chew up the safety plunger.

"You have the right not to be killed..."

The Clash, "Know Your Rights"

Posts: 26978 | Location: Westizzle Virgizzle | Registered: December 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info. I was asked by a friend who apparently had been wondering about this (I guess). Near as I could find these days Glock only provide trigger bars for the big frames that come with the 'bump', and I became curious if they had always made them this way.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post