SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P227 equinox. New ( to me)
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P227 equinox. New ( to me) Login/Join 
posted
Ok, this has been sitting in my dealers case for awhile. I think all the new shooters started buying out all the 9 mm guns, are now working on the 40sw, so the 45 just stays there. My ffl is a big big sig dealer , and their vertical 30 foot long sig case has two guns in it, and 40 to 50 empty spots.
So an equinox 227 w no case but with 3 sig mags and a tl1 steam light was only $700. For a custom shop gun? . Love the nickel controls. Will post photos when I get it home tomorrow.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: MarioG,

Posts: 980 | Location: Portsmouth, NH | Registered: October 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's all part of
the adventure...
posted Hide Post
Sounds like a pretty good deal to me! Enjoy her!

Regards From Sunny Tucson,
SigFan

NRA Life - IDPA - USCCA - GOA - JPFO - ACLDN - SAF - AZCDL - ASA

"Faith isn't believing that God can; it's knowing that He will." (From a sign on a church in Nicholasville, Kentucky)

Posts: 1677 | Location: Tucson, Arizona | Registered: January 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frequent Denizen
of the Twilight Zone
Picture of SIGWolf
posted Hide Post
Never seen a P227 Equinox, love to see pics. Sounds like a good deal to me as well.

Posts: 17342 | Location: Northern Vermont | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Shoots great. Got a lot of attention at the range. Gun was really dirty, mud in the grips. And some specks of white paint on the grips too (!),

I have been using a sharp pin to remove the paint. The bore was spotless , however. Went over the whole gun with a toothbrush with a little gun oil on it.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: MarioG,

Posts: 980 | Location: Portsmouth, NH | Registered: October 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I agree that the nickel accents of the Equinox really add to the beauty of these guns. I was fortunate to pick up a P229 Equinox in 9mm earlier this year.
Did the P227 Equinox offer the wooden grips?
Thanks for the pictures!

Posts: 463 | Location: suwanee, ga | Registered: January 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Massive Images, too big for my 40 inch monitor, LOL

Since you are on IMGR go to your images, click on the image, edit, resize and change the size, no bigger than 480 or so for the largest number, it will convert the other, save not save as, should resize the images where they are reasonable...

Posts: 23244 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
You missed a spot. Razz

Use the large thumbnail option or whatever the biggest thumbnail option is in IMGUR if that is what you are using.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7632 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CLEANDEAN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MarioG:
Ok, this has been sitting in my dealers case for awhile. I think all the new shooters started buying out all the 9 mm guns, are now working on the 40sw, so the 45 just stays there. My ffl is a big big sig dealer , and their vertical 30 foot long sig case has two guns in it, and 40 to 50 empty spots.
So an equinox 227 w no case but with 3 sig mags and a tl1 steam light was only $700. For a custom shop gun? . Love the nickel controls. Will post photos when I get it home tomorrow.

Right place at te right time. NICE PISTOL.
You might not wanna play the Lottery right now...
Winning big again, probably is against the odds.

Never judge a man, till you have walked a mile in his shoes.....
That way, you'll be a mile away from him; and you'll have his shoes.

Posts: 181 | Location: So. of 3 Rivers < Penna. VIGILANT CURMUDGEON | Registered: April 12, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Cool!

Looks like you have a winner on your hands. I hope to have a P227 some day.

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That's one sharp 227. I was able to pick up one recently in like new condition with box, etc.. It's in basic black, not like your upscale version. But a real nice example of a SIG not produced all that long. Congrats on the "find".

NRA Life Member/GOA Life Member

Posts: 137 | Location: Gainesville, FL.  | Registered: July 06, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I stole (bought) this new in the box Sig 227 SAS last fall. What a great gun.

Cut down a set of the Hogue grips they made for Sig which accomodated their ill fated 14 round mags.

Trooper Joe[/QUOTE]

Posts: 414 | Location: Michigan | Registered: September 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Have not seen any wooden grips for this model.

quote:
Originally posted by randyman:
I agree that the nickel accents of the Equinox really add to the beauty of these guns. I was fortunate to pick up a P229 Equinox in 9mm earlier this year.
Did the P227 Equinox offer the wooden grips?
Thanks for the pictures!

posted Hide Post
OK . Figured it out. Thanks.

quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
Massive Images, too big for my 40 inch monitor, LOL

Since you are on IMGR go to your images, click on the image, edit, resize and change the size, no bigger than 480 or so for the largest number, it will convert the other, save not save as, should resize the images where they are reasonable...

posted Hide Post
Thanks.

quote:
Originally posted by cslinger:
You missed a spot. Razz

Use the large thumbnail option or whatever the biggest thumbnail option is in IMGUR if that is what you are using.

posted Hide Post
Very nice!

quote:
Originally posted by Trooper Joe:
I stole (bought) this new in the box Sig 227 SAS last fall. What a great gun.

Cut down a set of the Hogue grips they made for Sig which accomodated their ill fated 14 round mags.

Trooper Joe
[/QUOTE]

posted Hide Post
same shop had another one with an extra barrel. Plain Model, not equinox, about the same price. Go to ktp.com and look it up. They will ship to your ffl.
quote:
Originally posted by .38supersig:
Cool!

posted Hide Post
I see a pattern here. I bought the 2nd one my local shop had. . $750 in original case with original and threaded sig barrel. Only one mag , but a very low number, 2013 date. Will post photos when I get it home. <P>

Can anyone tel me, were the threaded barrels particular to the 227 only?

quote:
Originally posted by MarioG:
same shop had another one with an extra barrel. Plain Model, not equinox, about the same price. Go to ktp.com and look it up. They will ship to your ffl.
quote:
Originally posted by .38supersig:
Cool!

Picture of 4859
posted Hide Post
You got a pretty good deal. The P227 is a sleeper and worth getting. Especially a Equinox.

-----------------------------
Always carry. Never tell.

Posts: 5772 | Location: Montana  | Registered: May 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
To me, the Equinox line is the nicest line of Sig pistols. Very nice looking P227.

Out of curiosity, did Sig ever make Equinox wood grips for that model?

Posts: 6845 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
that I don't know

quote:
Originally posted by patw:
To me, the Equinox line is the nicest line of Sig pistols. Very nice looking P227.

Out of curiosity, did Sig ever make Equinox wood grips for that model?