SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Ruger 22 Charger owners, a question. Now with results.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ruger 22 Charger owners, a question. Now with results. Login/Join 
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted
I am shooting either Winchester M22 or CCI Mini-Mags, both fairly high velocity. Most of my shooting has been while using a bipod. I am adding a new red dot sight.

At what distance do you zero your red dot sight mounted on the 22 Charger?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Johnny 3eagles,

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
my 22lr rifles are sighted in at 50yds, the pistols are 25 yds. My scoped pistols were sighted in at 50 yds.

I regularly shoot 100 yds with the rifles, with minor adjustments. I shoot standard velocity though. below 1200 fps. Usually 850-1000 out of a rifle. Super sonics with drop back below supersonic speed sometime after 60 ish(give or take 10 yards) When that happens accuracy goes to hell.

So pick a moderately priced first run standard vel round if you plan to shoot over 50 yds. CCI standard, aguilla standard, etc.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
posted Hide Post
Thank you for that information.

It's going to be time consuming getting the correct range for zero, with the 10 inch barrel! What I may do is set my zero targets at both 100, 50 and 25 yards and try to develop my own trajectory chart.

BIDEN SUCKS.

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm not sure I follow your comment. Any ballistic calculator will give you the needed trajectory data for any of those zero's. Of course what happens next depends on what type of shooting you plan to do, but with a charger and a red dot I suspect those calculated ones will be fine. I'm the same as DSgrouse 50y for rifles and 25 for pistols in .22lr.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 11002 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
My charger has an Aimpoint and is zeroed at 50 yards.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7681 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
I vote for 50 too.

But you know really you should sight it in at the averaged distance YOU are shooting at.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Also have an Aimpoint on my 6" barreled Charger. Sighted at 50 yards with Fiocchi HV rounds the group is 1-2" there and opens to 6" at 100 yards. Been good enough for a coyote that was around 60 yards away.

Posts: 276 | Location: Pa | Registered: September 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
posted Hide Post
This is three groups of 3 shot today at 25 yards after getting the red dot (UTG 1X30) sighted in. Next trip I'll see what happens at 50 yards. Ruger 22 Charger with Winchester M-22 22 Long Rifle 40 Grain Black Plated Lead Round Nose (1255 fps)

BIDEN SUCKS.