SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Looks like Sig is endorsing a new lube
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Looks like Sig is endorsing a new lube Login/Join 
Hoping for better pharmaceuticals
Picture of AZSigs
posted Hide Post
I'm sure Sig gets plenty of samples of gun lubes from different manufacturers to add in their gun boxes. Both co's benefit from it.

Getting shot is no achievement. Hitting your enemy is. NRA Endowment Member . NRA instructor

Posts: 8752 | Location: Peoria, Arizona | Registered: April 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The best lube from Sig always depends on which manufacture provides the best deal to them.

Posts: 1248 | Location: Northern Nevada | Registered: December 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CPTKILLER:
I am still using LSA by choice because it works.

I'm glad I'm not the only one.

_________

Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right.

Henry Ford

Posts: 724 | Location: Texas | Registered: October 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I tried Frog Lube on my firearms and didn't care for it. I use it on my knifes and it works great for that.

Posts: 735 | Registered: February 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
I'm still using TW-25B, and when that runs out, I'll open up the tube of Lucas grease on my shelf.
Between the two of them I probably have enough grease to last my lifetime.

Posts: 13668 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've been using Pennzoil Ultra Platinum 5W30 that goes in my WRX for a couple years or so now. Many many range trips and competitions with a Kimber Pro Carry 2, P229, P320, and M400. So far not a single failure I would attribute to lubrication, in fact I can probably count the total failures of any cause on one hand.

Mongo only pawn in game of life...

Posts: 683 | Location: DFW | Registered: August 15, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dehughes:
quote:
Originally posted by dedguy:
I remember when they were pushing Frog Lube, so I bought some to try. Then I saw what I had to do to use this stuff. Now I have a small tub of it just sitting in my toolbox of gun cleaning stuff.

ME TOO! I was just the other day wondering what I should do with it.

I’m using my leftover FL on my bike chain.

NRA Patron Member, Instructor and CRSO
NC CCH Instructor
GRNC Life Member
VCDL Member

Posts: 1832 | Registered: April 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
I have a paint can tub of marine grade bearing grease and a case of Hopps gun oil. Trends come and go but my lube is always abundant.

Posts: 10827 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of trebor44
posted Hide Post
Lubes that come in a 55 gal drum are go to go and they do last! Use whatever you need to make things roll or slide and tune out the hype. Think of all the free samples that you get in the mail, doctor's office etc. Who really benefits from those?

--------------------------------

On the inside looking out, but not to the west, it's the PRK and its minions!

Posts: 624 | Location: Idaho, west of Beaver Dicks Ferry | Registered: August 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SigSentry
posted Hide Post
My local Harbor Freight sells gun lubs. Who knew.

Posts: 3484 | Registered: May 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironbutt
posted Hide Post
I'm not a chemical engineer, and I'm sure there are some differences between gun lubes & automotive products. But if your gun runs on whatever the latest & greatest super slick snail snot that manufacturers or gun magazines endorse; then it'll probably run just fine on Mobil 1 & synthetic axle grease.

------------------------------------------------

"It's hard to imagine a more stupid or dangerous way of making decisions, than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2048 | Location: PA | Registered: September 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diversified Hobbyist
Picture of Steve 22X
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 610:
quote:
Originally posted by CPTKILLER:
I am still using LSA by choice because it works.

I'm glad I'm not the only one.

Maybe it's a Texas thing but I also use LSA.
For grease, it's Lucas Marine.

-----------------------------------
Regards, Steve
The anticipation is often greater than the actual reward

Posts: 2463 | Location: Wylie, Texas | Registered: November 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ironbutt:
I'm not a chemical engineer, and I'm sure there are some differences between gun lubes & automotive products. But if your gun runs on whatever the latest & greatest super slick snail snot that manufacturers or gun magazines endorse; then it'll probably run just fine on Mobil 1 & synthetic axle grease.

How is it that you are "sure", when you have no clues. Big Grin

Q

Posts: 26205 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GaryBF:
It's just markerting. I'm still using Mil-Comm products.

Agree. Another slippery marketing ploy. Smile

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironmike57
posted Hide Post
Here are some of the lubes that I have been using for the past few years. I like to experiment. You know something? They all work!

Posts: 1972 | Location: Florida | Registered: July 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ironmike57:
Here are some of the lubes that I have been using for the past few years. I like to experiment. You know something? They all work!

Congratulations on your exhaustive research! Kinda what I've always thought. Gave me my laugh for the day...

When I started in the late 1960's I used ugly old WD-40. It worked. About 20 years later I switched to Breakfree CLP. It worked. Now Use Ultima-Lube II. It works. Smile

I've never had a gun with abnormal wear present. I clean after each range session. I'll grant that lube selection can be very important in certain circumstance or climates. Like a three-day 1,500 round count training course in Arizona during the summer. Or winter camping in northern NY State. It was zero degrees and I just used a revolver.

For most of us though, it's not that complicated.

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:
Originally posted by Prefontaine:
What happen to Lucas? Or am I remembering that incorrectly?

Obsolete. You need to keep up with the latest and greatest flavor of the month.

LMAO. I’m still using the same 1 lb tub of Mobil One synthetic ball bearing grease. I think I’ve had it for like 7-8 years. Works like a charm. It will easily last me 20 years in the end, if I’m still alive Big Grin

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12569 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
SLIP2000 FTW. Been using them since before SIG jumped on the bandwagon, will still be using it after SIG picks another brand to push.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post