SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Looks like Sig is endorsing a new lube
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Looks like Sig is endorsing a new lube Login/Join 
posted
Just got an X Compact grip from the mothership and they enclosed 3 little tubes of a new lubricant.
Called “SPEC1”.
Made by SLIP2000.
Since it is a freebie and made by SLIP2000, I will test it out.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
I thought their SPEC1 has been out a while. Not new.

Q

Posts: 26205 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
What happen to Lucas? Or am I remembering that incorrectly?

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12569 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Prefontaine:

Obsolete. You need to keep up with the latest and greatest flavor of the month.

Q

Posts: 26205 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conductor in Residence
Picture of Maestro
posted Hide Post
I think it was MPro before Lucas, correct?

Posts: 3674 | Location: Tampa Bay, FL | Registered: July 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted Hide Post
It's just markerting. I'm still using Mil-Comm products.

Posts: 11875 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: February 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
They may get those samples for free to pass on. I do like the SLP2000 line.

Beware of a man whose only pistol is a 1911, he's probably very good with it.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:

Of course. The old stuff was only good for 50,000 hours of salt spray. The new stuff will get you 51,000. What's your life worth? Roll Eyes

Posts: 8944 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
It's like computers back in the '90's - blink, and there's a whole new level of latest and greatest. I'll just stick with MPro7 until we hit the next plateau.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:
Originally posted by Prefontaine:

mmmm....flavored lube....reminds me of....

oops, wrong website

Posts: 7853 | Location: Colorado | Registered: January 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bobandmikako
posted Hide Post
I wonder if the Spec-1 line is any different than the standard Slip 2000. I’ve been using their products for quite a while now. I doubt that’ll change. I see Spec-1 is only sold by Sig and not on the Slip 2000 website.

十人十色

Posts: 2103 | Location: Semmes, Alabama | Registered: June 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bobandmikako:
I wonder if the Spec-1 line is any different than the standard Slip 2000. I’ve been using their products for quite a while now. I doubt that’ll change. I see Spec-1 is only sold by Sig and not on the Slip 2000 website.

Think of Troy folding battle sights that BCM or Noveske obtain and put their names on. No difference here with SIG and Slip2000.

Q

The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Maestro:
I think it was MPro before Lucas, correct?

Pretty sure it was Mil-comm TW-25B before that (aka whale sperm).

Posts: 7415 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I remember when they were pushing Frog Lube, so I bought some to try. Then I saw what I had to do to use this stuff. Now I have a small tub of it just sitting in my toolbox of gun cleaning stuff.

Posts: 1249 | Location: Rhode Island | Registered: December 27, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Lucas is a good lube. Let us know how the SPEC1 does.

DPR

Posts: 656 | Registered: March 10, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dedguy:
I remember when they were pushing Frog Lube, so I bought some to try. Then I saw what I had to do to use this stuff. Now I have a small tub of it just sitting in my toolbox of gun cleaning stuff.

Years ago I did a shooting course at Sig. They staged rifles and they all turned into single shots. The froglube was freezing in the NH cold and the guns wouldn't run.

DPR

Posts: 656 | Registered: March 10, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dedguy:

ME TOO! I was just the other day wondering what I should do with it.

Posts: 1251 | Location: Oregon | Registered: March 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just about any oil is fine. Put gun on it and the price goes up. I like Lucas for its SDS.

Posts: 1871 | Registered: June 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am still using LSA by choice because it works.

Posts: 702 | Location: Gatesville, TX | Registered: January 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My dentist hands out a goodie sample bag of toothpaste, brush and floss. I don’t place much emphasis on those samples and perhaps the same should apply to the lube.

Posts: 481 | Registered: June 24, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post