SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    EDC Gun search
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

EDC Gun search Login/Join 
posted
I bought an HK P2000SK in the hopes it might serve as a comfortable carry pistol, and it is an excellent gun.

However, like most HKs, it is fat and chunky and I just keep coming back to my Kel Tec P11 and my CZ 75 Compact PCR, both of which are ergonomically better and both have been completely reliable.

Have any of you had the same experience?

Tim

"Dead Midgets Handled With No Questions Asked"

Posts: 687 | Registered: March 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes. I have tried many "fat" guns. As I expanded, they became less useful. I currently carry a 365, but I'm losing weight and may go back to a CZ.

Posts: 17136 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have both the P2000sk and P30sk and find them very easy to conceal. While my P365 is slowly working it's way into everyday rotation as good as it has been I feel more comfortable with a larger handgun.

__________________Making Good People Helpless . . . Will Not Make Bad People Harmless!___________________

Posts: 1731 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: May 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
So I am a P2000 guy. Have been for a long time. I personally find the P2000 carries better then the P2000SK. The SK is great when you absolutely need a short grip but overall feels chunkier and pokes me “wrong” if you will. The P2000 is perfect however. Something about the way it rides and contours makes it feel smaller to me. YMMV.

All that said you might be one of those people who just has to have an itty bitty flat gun ala Walther PPS/Shield/P365/G43 etc. any of those would be great in that regard.

Over the years I have just found, that while itty bitty guns have a place, I prefer a larger gun I can get a grip on quicker and handle better.

Good luck and welcome to the journey that never ends. Smile

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7674 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
A P365 would be worth a fondle.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Yes from G29, Sig P250 Compact, G19, finally settled on the G43X and the Ruger LCP2

Ruger for days where a light pocket carry is warranted, the G43X/G48 for when I'd like a little more round count. Going to have to get a couple of 15 round mags for it.

P365 would have been an option if it wasn't having both supply and reliability issues (since resolved) when I decided to get the G43.

Since I don't frequent areas of the city where I'd need to lay down suppressing fire or have 30 rounds of ammo to get out of, the smaller carry works well.

Posts: 23381 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I pocket carry a G43 at work and iwb when I’m feeling lazy but usually a G19 everywhere else.
Had a P30sk but realized it was the exact same size as a G19 with 5 less rounds and no pinky on the grip. Other than that I loved the thing.
I’m considering a G26 or maybe holding out for another company besides Springfield to make their version of a p365. But I’m happy with what I have and can wait a while

Posts: 3371 | Registered: December 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of T.Webb
posted Hide Post
I shoot my Steyr S9A1 better than any other gun I own. I've tried several different brands and styles of holster, but the gun is just too wide. So, I've been carrying my P365, another gun I shoot well.

"Tonight, we are a country awakened to danger and called to defend freedom. Our grief has turned to anger and anger to resolution. Whether we bring our enemies to justice or bring justice to our enemies, justice will be done". {George W. Bush, Post 9/11}

Posts: 842 | Location: Long Island, N.Y. / Stephentown, N.Y. | Registered: March 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the replies. I am not comfortable with striker-fired guns.

I imagine I'll stick with my CZ PCR.

"Dead Midgets Handled With No Questions Asked"

Posts: 687 | Registered: March 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Amurr
posted Hide Post
The CZ PCR is my EDC right now. It’s tough to beat that for a size to capacity ration in a da/sa. It’s the exact same size almost as the 8 round p225, slightly more svelt than the g19 and just a little wider that a g48

Posts: 2628 | Location: On the shore of Lake Lanier | Registered: November 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
I highly recommend the P365 for EDC.

Posts: 13677 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
I really like my 365xl. I shoot it better than most full frame guns.

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8847 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
Add me to the P365 bandwagon. It absolutely lives up to the hype.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15251 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am 100% single stack hammer fired 9mm for concealed carry.
I typically carry either a sig P239 or a S&W 3913.
If I really feel the need for something more, its a Beretta 92 Compact.
Thats uncommon, since I live in a place where the rifraff is me.

Posts: 11 | Registered: February 13, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For limblessbiff: I bought pinky extensions for all my mags for the P30sk and they make a huge difference. H&K has them and they are not expensive however very popular so you have to keep checking to find them in stock.

__________________Making Good People Helpless . . . Will Not Make Bad People Harmless!___________________

Posts: 1731 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: May 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dc54
posted Hide Post
Hammer fired, ultra thin puts you in a very limited field. Springfield XDE fits that niche.

Sigs, HKs, 1911s, Berettas, Glocks and SW revolvers

Posts: 1034 | Location: GA | Registered: February 04, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
I had an HK P2000sk. I found that holsters were really bulky due to the width of the bottom of the trigger guard. The slide seemed slim and sleek.

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SCfromNY:
For limblessbiff: I bought pinky extensions for all my mags for the P30sk and they make a huge difference. H&K has them and they are not expensive however very popular so you have to keep checking to find them in stock.

Oh I know, they are almost as hard to come by as the mags for it.. but at that point it’s almost a full sized pistol. I got a gen 5 g19 and made that my primary ccw since it’s the same size and traded a guy my P30sk for a beretta M9 and am making that beretta a project gun to put a bunch of Wilson combat/Langdon parts in.

If anything I may get a full size P30 and make that a night stand gun. I think they are one of the coolest looking modern pistols out there and even though it has a terrible trigger it’s very easy to shoot well. The full size P30 has to be even better

Posts: 3371 | Registered: December 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post