SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Sig P226 vs P226 Combat
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig P226 vs P226 Combat Login/Join 
posted
I've recently come to realize how much I don't care for the reach on my Sig P226 after trying several of a friend's P226's. He has a mix of them with varying stock grips from Hogue to old German stock checkered grips and finally the last one I tried was a P226 Combat and the reach on the trigger was instantly a fit for me. We even switched grips to try and I think at first I thought the Combat grips on my old 226 made a change I don't think it did. So, what is making that difference with the Combat on trigger reach? I'd love to get my 226 to feel like that just don't know where to start on modifying. He agrees my 226 reach is long, longer than any of his various 226's. Thanks for any insight on how I might go about remedying this.

Posts: 8 | Registered: September 08, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
Did one have a short reach trigger installed?

Added: A quick look shows most “Combat” models to have the short reach trigger. If your P226 has the standard trigger, that would make a difference in how your finger contacts it.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47368 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
The Combat, as it comes from factory, has the short reach trigger.

Q

Posts: 26205 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
Many people report liking the feel of P226 and P229 pistols equipped with the short reach trigger because it’s not necessary to extend one’s finger out to an unusual degree to position the pad on the trigger face in a natural way. That’s especially true of shooters with smaller hands. The problem that some shooters can have, though, is that the SRT requires curling the trigger finger back farther toward the rear of the gun before letoff and discharge. Because the end of the trigger stroke is the most critical for controlling the gun, that can be a disadvantage with longer fingers.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47368 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NOT compromised!
Picture of SIGWALLY
posted Hide Post
Greetings Tampasnook and welcome to the forum. If you need a Sig short reach trigger for your 226 I will be happy to Karma ( free gift ) one to you. Someone did the same for me several years ago...( Thanks Sigfreund! ) So I am happy to do it.
  I live in Pinellas county so send me an email (info in my profile ) with your info and I will get it to you.

Posts: 1527 | Location: Tampa Bay, Florida | Registered: July 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Welcome to Sig Forum! I told you this was the place to be!!

The 226 tampasnook tried and liked is actually a TACOPS. It does have the SRT. Not sure if that’s the same as a “short reach” trigger or not.

Posts: 477 | Location: FL | Registered: February 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TampaSIG:
Welcome to Sig Forum! I told you this was the place to be!!

The 226 tampasnook tried and liked is actually a TACOPS. It does have the SRT. Not sure if that’s the same as a “short reach” trigger or not.

Hey man yup you nailed it this is great thanks! Yea the TACOPS was perfection as soon as I picked it up and addressed the trigger. Thanks again for the fit session on that pile of Sigs what a collection....took me from the luke warm feeling I've had on that DA first pull to probably being 1st in line.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIGWALLY:
Greetings Tampasnook and welcome to the forum. If you need a Sig short reach trigger for your 226 I will be happy to Karma ( free gift ) one to you. Someone did the same for me several years ago...( Thanks Sigfreund! ) So I am happy to do it.
  I live in Pinellas county so send me an email (info in my profile ) with your info and I will get it to you.

Wow thanks Wally I sent you a message on your gmail address posted. Really appreciate it that is so generous of you. Appreciate it have a good day.

Thanks to everyone for the input this has been a great help.

Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TampaSIG:
Not sure if that’s the same as a “short reach” trigger or not.

No, but that’s a common point of confusion because the names are similar and the abbreviations (“SRT”) are the same.

See below for the difference between the short reach trigger and the what used to be the standard. The “short” trigger is thinner from front to back. (Short on left, old standard on right.)

What is usually meant by SRT in guns like the Tactical Operations is short reset trigger. As the name indicates, that mechanism reduces the distance the trigger must move forward to reset for the next shot. It actually has nothing to do with the trigger part itself, and doesn’t change how the gun feels in the hand when engaging the trigger for a shot.

6.4/93.6

— Plato

NOT compromised!
Picture of SIGWALLY
posted Hide Post
Tampasnook: Your short trigger is on it's way. Nice lady at the Post Office say should be tomorrow or Thursday.

Posts: 1527 | Location: Tampa Bay, Florida | Registered: July 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIGWALLY:
Tampasnook: Your short trigger is on it's way. Nice lady at the Post Office say should be tomorrow or Thursday.

Talk about great timing I just jumped on to check out the forum and poof. Thank you so much. My standard reach trigger will head back your way. Thanks again.

posted Hide Post
Thanks Sigfreund. The pistol Dan liked has both SRT and short trigger.

Posts: 477 | Location: FL | Registered: February 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Another option to be aware of, Grayguns "intermediate" trigger. https://grayguns.com/product/p...ntermediate-trigger/

It is shorter than stock, but larger than the thin short reach versions. It is perfect IMHO and is also more rounded and has either over travel or both pre and over travel adjustment options. They have a "flat" version as well...I haven't tried a flat trigger yet.

This is the trigger that 1st came with the Legion series.

The SRT is great as well, I wouldn't have a Sig P series without it. The difference it made in my old P6 was astounding!

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
My first 226 came with the E2? wrap around grips.... then I ordered a MK-25 and it came with factory grips and I instantly hated them.... finally got a pair of the Houge G10? grips and they are almost as good and thin as the wrap arounds... I have semi-small hands... and really don't like those thick grips....

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
Hogue G10's make a SIg P-series pistol perfect.

Posts: 10828 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post