SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Another couple of weeks, anyone find a Gen 5 non MOS with out the Cutout?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Another couple of weeks, anyone find a Gen 5 non MOS with out the Cutout? Login/Join 
You dig
Picture of evolution
posted
The extremely long title says it all; Glocks gotta be getting to the end of the frames with the grip half moon cutout right? I would think we'll start seeing non MOS, non cutout versions any minutes now.

Right?

Posts: 2602 | Location: Atlanta, GA | Registered: June 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
They are supposed to be coming, I'd bet mid-summertime.

I'll be buying one.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Save today, so you can
buy tomorrow
posted Hide Post
I have been waiting too, but finally gave up and bought the
MOS. I know I paid extra for the milling of the slide and extra mounting plates from the factory. But its good to have those, in case I decide to RMR the 19 down the road. I really don't like those cutouts.

Posts: 1879 | Location: Las Vegas | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Got tired of looking and got the 19 mos.
No cut out and the front serrations are a plus.

My blue label guy says they have about 30 non-mos in stock so its going to be awhile before he orders more.

Posts: 1652 | Location: SC | Registered: December 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fz4vgq
posted Hide Post
I wish they'd make a non MOS G34 so i can have a dedicated RMR cut in the slide instead of the MOS system.

Posts: 2463 | Location: Winter Wonderland | Registered: April 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mike56:
Got tired of looking and got the 19 mos.
No cut out and the front serrations are a plus.

Me too!

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7935 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sjames
posted Hide Post
I just got a second 19.5 MOS myself, even though I could have saved $70 had I gotten a regular 19.5, the upgrades are worth it. Plus, the second MOS is meant to be a back up to the first so might as well be a clone.

Posts: 2505 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: August 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
Looking for night sights for my mos 19.5. I'm reading a lot about the sights hanging off the rear of the slide. What sights are y'all using?

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer

Posts: 7935 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Trijicon bright-tuff Suppressor height. For my 19.5 MOS. Perfect fit. Check out their site.

Posts: 31 | Location: Vidalia and Savannah Georgia | Registered: September 30, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Texaspoff
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ruger357:
Looking for night sights for my mos 19.5. I'm reading a lot about the sights hanging off the rear of the slide. What sights are y'all using?

Ameriglo Trooper sights. Same as the bold series, but the rear is slightly shorter, so as not to hang off the back of the slide on MOS guns.

The trooper series sights are what comes on the CBP guns.

They comes with the Green/Yellow Pro glo front. If you call Ameriglo to order them, you could probably get them to swap for a red/orange if you prefer that color.

Link to the trooper sights in the catalog
https://cdn.shopify.com/s/file...f?945223686543796145

TXPO

Coldborecustom.com

Posts: 258 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 12, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So the standard Bold sights sold through glock will not fit the mos guns?

Posts: 1652 | Location: SC | Registered: December 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
It'll fit, it would just hang off the end.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7993 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How much?
Had ordered sights from glock. Will be here monday.

Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
I have Ameriglo’s on most of my Glocks. Not the Trooper series but I really like the looks of them
quote:
Originally posted by Texaspoff:
quote:
Originally posted by ruger357:

Ameriglo Trooper sights. Same as the bold series, but the rear is slightly shorter, so as not to hang off the back of the slide on MOS guns.

The trooper series sights are what comes on the CBP guns.

They comes with the Green/Yellow Pro glo front. If you call Ameriglo to order them, you could probably get them to swap for a red/orange if you prefer that color.

Link to the trooper sights in the catalog
https://cdn.shopify.com/s/file...f?945223686543796145

TXPO

Posts: 13796 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Do you think those Trooper sights would fit the Gen 5 34? The sights are the only thing I don't like about the pistol. I don't know if the sight cuts are the same for all of the Gen 5 MOS pistols.

Posts: 4652 | Location: Middletown, PA | Registered: January 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
I bought a grip plug for my gen 5 mos g19. Its marked gen 4 but I was told it fits a gen 5. It fits and is relatively flush. The problem is inside the magwell it is less than flush with the channel. In other words, once the mag starts to go in the Mag well it hits a bump In the gun because the plug isn’t flush inside, just flush at the bottom. Is there a grip plug that is flush inside the magwell that will not hang when inserting a mag?

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer

Big Stack
posted Hide Post
Going back to the original question, has Glock said they're going to match the standard frame to the MOS changes, or are people just assuming? It would make sense, but that doesn't mean it will happen.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You dig
Picture of evolution
posted Hide Post
I think it's just assumed, but it makes sense. Hopefully soon.

Posts: 2602 | Location: Atlanta, GA | Registered: June 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was told by a sales rep at the NRA show that the grip frame cutout would be eliminated from all the Gen 5 9mm’s in the not to distant future

Posts: 388 | Location: Ohio | Registered: November 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Who has the best price on those Trooper sights ?

Posts: 705 | Location: S.W.Florida | Registered: August 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post