SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Sig P365 Range Report 03-19-18
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig P365 Range Report 03-19-18 Login/Join 
Picture of CHLP290
posted
I received my Sig P365 today. The weapon was born on 03-11-18. I inspected the weapon prior to taking it to the range and found no abnormalities.

I cleaned the weapon with MC25 Milcom and lubricated with TW25B. It is critical to read the directions as they state not to introduce any lubricant into the striker fire area or the result may be "light strike" issues. Additionally, the assembly of the weapon is a little more complex than my P320, but it's not a hassle and probably due to the fact that this is a micro pistol.

I fired approximately 220 rounds through the weapon without any issues which included the following ammunition;

Winchester 115g FMJ - 100 rounds
Federal 115g FMJ - 100 rounds
Hornady Critical Duty 135g FlexLock - 10 rounds
Hornady Critical Defense 115g FTX - 10 rounds

I broke the weapon down and found no abnormalities. I cleaned and lubricated the weapon and now I have my new EDC! I hope this helps anyone who has any concerns regarding this weapon. It functions great and I'm looking forward to carrying this from now on. I was carrying a P320 sub compact 40 cal., and it's just too much. I barely feel this weapon when it's holstered and am convinced that 9mm is the way to go. IMHO of course.

US Army Veteran
Proud NRA Member
Sig P229 40 Cal.
Sig P290RS 9mm
Sig P320C 40 Cal
Sig P365 9mm
Sig 516G2 Patrol
Sig 716G2 DMR
Sig MCX Virtus 300 BO
Benelli M4 Tactical Shotgun
Savage Axis II XP 30-06

Posts: 92 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: April 03, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of aparoche
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the report. I already have my two extended mags and Talon grips ready to go. Picking up my P365 this week. Waiting for more holsters to be made for the P365 before deciding on one.

Posts: 524 | Registered: November 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by aparoche:
Thanks for the report. I already have my two extended mags and Talon grips ready to go. Picking up my P365 this week. Waiting for more holsters to be made for the P365 before deciding on one.

I just ordered a standard IWB from PJHolster. His stuff is decent quality and his lead time is one week. I ordered two additional mags from TGS Friday night and had them in the mail today. Unreal.

NRA Patron Member, Instructor and CRSO
NC CCH Instructor
GRNC Life Member
VCDL Member

Posts: 1838 | Registered: April 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JGIORD
posted Hide Post
I highly recommend the 12 rd mags. Makes the grip feel even better!

Posts: 461 | Location: AZ | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of aparoche
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pingman274:
quote:

I just ordered a standard IWB from PJHolster. His stuff is decent quality and his lead time is one week. I ordered two additional mags from TGS Friday night and had them in the mail today. Unreal.

Oh nice, I have a Shield IWB Holster from PJ’s and the fit is amazing. I wanted a tuckable IWB from PJ’s for the P365 but didn’t see it in the list. However, he has it in the notes to request it specifically!

https://pjholster.com/products...9d-8f1a-8dee0fb68974

Yep, I ordered my extended mags from TGS on Friday as well and they arrived today. Awesome service.

Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
now I have my new EDC!

20 rounds is not really enough to declare a new EDC. I would do a 40-50 minimum, not only that I would try 2+ brands just to make sure before you declare it the thing to save your life.

Glad you are enjoying it, spend the extra cash to run a couple more mags of SD ammo through it.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20822 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CHLP290
posted Hide Post
quote:

Have you evaluated Crossbreed? I've worn the same holster with my P320 for over 3 years and they have several models available for the P365

Posts: 92 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: April 03, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CHLP290
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
quote:
now I have my new EDC!

20 rounds is not really enough to declare a new EDC. I would do a 40-50 minimum, not only that I would try 2+ brands just to make sure before you declare it the thing to save your life.

Glad you are enjoying it, spend the extra cash to run a couple more mags of SD ammo through it.

You may want to re-read my report again. I put 220 rounds through my weapon...........

Picture of CHLP290
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JGIORD:

I've been trying to hunt them down, but will not pay "full pop" for them.

Picture of aparoche
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CHLP290:
quote:

Have you evaluated Crossbreed? I've worn the same holster with my P320 for over 3 years and they have several models available for the P365

I’m not a fan of the massive wall of leather/material on their holsters. I’m more of a fan of minimalist holsters.

quote:
Originally posted by CHLP290:
quote:
Originally posted by JGIORD:

I've been trying to hunt them down, but will not pay "full pop" for them.

I honestly don’t see them dropping in price anytime soon, especially with the demand being what it is. Sig is selling them for $55 each on their site, meaning what, $45 each would be a good price elsewhere?

posted Hide Post
I'd be satisfied with 20 rounds of JHP after 200 FMJ. If it's +p in a small pistol like the P365, I might do 50 just to make sure there's no timing issues. But 20 is enough for me to verify hollow points feed.

------------------------------------------------
Charter member of the vast, right-wing conspiracy

Posts: 1860 | Registered: June 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
With bad intent
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
quote:
now I have my new EDC!

Im of the same mind. 50 wihout hiccups and thats usually after 300-500 fmj depending on the brand of the gun. Because of this, I was able to spot a problem with a Waltehr PPS I was vetting for carry. Somewhere around the 42 round mark I had an issue. Long story short....the PPS never made it to EDC status.

Posts: 7912 | Location: One step ahead of you | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JGIORD
posted Hide Post
Atlantic Tactical lists them for $35.99, shipping is approx. $10. The wait is 2-4 weeks.

Posts: 461 | Location: AZ | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of skonie
posted Hide Post
I got my 12rd magazine from Top Gun Supply. Not sure if they're still in stock but it only took 2 days to get to me.

Posts: 1513 | Location: NV | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 45_Auto
posted Hide Post
Got two of them at the SIG Pro Shop when I picked up my 365. I believe the price there was $44.00, but I paid $34.30 with the employee discount, thanks to my best friend who works there.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
A Veteran is someone who wrote a blank check Made payable to 'The United States of America' for an amount of 'Up to and including their life'.
That is Honor. Unfortunately there are way too many people in this Country who no longer understand that.

Posts: 2306 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: November 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
quote:
Atlantic Tactical lists them for $35.99, shipping is approx. $10. The wait is 2-4 weeks.

I'm on week 4 waiting for mine and haven't heard a peep from them.

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 4522 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of aparoche
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigarms229:
quote:

I'm on week 4 waiting for mine and haven't heard a peep from them.

Sounds like a good way to make some money off highly desired mags. Offer the lowest price with a reasonable wait time of 2-4 weeks, let the pre-orders roll in, and ship them out whenever they get in. I’d rather spend more at TGS and get them in 3 days.