SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Magazine Storage Solutions
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Magazine Storage Solutions Login/Join 
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted
How do you guys store your mags. I know there is a better way than just a pile of mags on the top shelf in the safe.

Beth Greene

Posts: 7841 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
Repurposed a rolling tool chest that got too crowded and small for its original purpose. Nice having locked drawers for storage and organizing. Did remove its wheels and secured it to the wall and floor; no one's just going to roll this chest off to oblivion.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I picked up a stacked plastic multi drawer type organizer from Office Max. I label the outside with the brand and model. The one I got stores about 25 or so typical mags per drawer. This sits atop my Ammo safe for easy access.

Posts: 179 | Location: Central Ohio | Registered: November 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Udo
posted Hide Post
There are few choices for every issue of the "American Rifleman" since 1959.
They will have to go soon.

Posts: 1762 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: January 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Sterilite Storage boxes, 6 and 15qt with latches.

I use the 6qt for pistol mags and the 15 for rifle - interestingly, the 15qts can store thirty 30rd and ten 20rd metal AR15 mags, almost like they were made for it. Wink

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Pile of mags in an ammo box.

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts." Sherlock Holmes

Posts: 1286 | Registered: February 26, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Udo:
There are few choices for every issue of the "American Rifleman" since 1959.
They will have to go soon.

Smile Smile

Beth Greene

Posts: 7841 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
Interesting, the plastic type bins is what I had in mind, but not any particular types. I do have a roll around craftsman tool box in the shed not being used now. I have a mix between the safe shelf / ammo box deal going on now.

Beth Greene

Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tommydogg:
How do you guys store your mags. I know there is a better way than just a pile of mags on the top shelf in the safe.

There may be but you'll return to this.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25405 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
LAPG had a sale on pistol bags a while back and I picked a few up. I've been keeping them organized this way but I have more than a few guns so I'm starting to consider other options. A set of bins or a door rug may work.

Posts: 3043 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:
quote:

Obviously you have too much safe space if you have room for piles of magazines. Big Grin

Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
I keep most of my gun gear in an armoire. The bottom section has small jewelry/sock drawers, some of which are subdivided into smaller sections.

These drawers are perfectly sized for storing handgun mags. I keep them separated by type in various drawers.

My rifle magazines are stored in labeled .50 cal ammo cans, stacked in my gun closet.

The only magazines I keep in my safes are the ones loaded in firearms. I don't have room to store mags in my safes. Big Grin

Posts: 32489 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
quote:
quote:

Obviously you have too much safe space if you have room for piles of magazines. Big Grin

My safe is 6’ tall so I have a bunch of shelves even above my tallest shotgun. No Kentucky Long rifles to store in there yet.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25405 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
I got some magnetic strips from harbor freight (the kind used for holding knives in the kitchen) that I screwed to the wall above my safe. They hold my mags really well, even when loaded, and it keeps them from living in a disorganized pile on top of my safe.

Posts: 8531 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tooky13
posted Hide Post
This topic comes up about once a year and this is what I’ve shared before, works well for me. I use the small Sterilite stacking bins that you can pop apart and stack as you wish. I have shelves in my office closet that make them readily accessible. The extra photos show how nicely P220 and P228 mags fit in them.

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.
Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1307 | Location: Scottsdale, Arizona | Registered: December 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
quote:
quote:

My safe is 6’ tall so I have a bunch of shelves even above my tallest shotgun. No Kentucky Long rifles to store in there yet.

Handguns? Big Grin

Picture of mcs1564
posted Hide Post
I've been using these from Home Depot:

https://www.homedepot.com/p/HD...ack-320034/204515485

I can get up to 23 mags in one after removing two of the permanent dividers. They're quite convenient when you want to just grab and go.

------------
SP2022 - 9mm

Posts: 1260 | Location: CT | Registered: January 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tooky13:
This topic comes up about once a year and this is what I’ve shared before, works well for me. I use the small Sterilite stacking bins that you can pop apart and stack as you wish. I have shelves in my office closet that make them readily accessible. The extra photos show how nicely P220 and P228 mags fit in them.

This is what I do. Thanks for posting tooky could not find my pic.

Posts: 1568 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: August 17, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Fifty cal cans with foam insert for Glock, Beretta, Smith & Sig mags (all I have 20 or more of). Tuff products single stack and Midwayusa double stack nylon mag pouches hanging on safe door for guns I have fewer mags for or generic mags (1911).
At mags are in old boot boxes or stored in pouches.

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2731 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
I know there is a better way than just a pile of mags on the top shelf in the safe.

There is? Razz

I suppose you could get some little storage bins or trays and a label maker. If you have a number of similar-appearing magazines, it wouldn't be hard to mix them up with each other or with the wrong gun.

Posts: 27921 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post