SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Bring out your pre model 10s
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bring out your pre model 10s Login/Join 
Picture of SigSentry
posted
Happy Valentine's Day to me. I put this S939XXX around 1948. Hopefully I can see it turn 100. Not sure about the grip mod but it's very good work. My first S&W anything.

Posts: 3484 | Registered: May 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
A very nice first...that is a KEEPER.

Going to be tough for #2 to top this one. LOL.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
teacher of history
Picture of maxwayne
posted Hide Post
I have one that shipped in April of 47. I was born in Feb of 47, so it is about as close as a birthday gun I am going to see. My pictures are on photobucket, so nothing to show.

Posts: 5610 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: March 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice revolver!! Am I looking at the gun wrong, or is that some kind of grip adapter attached to the grip with screws?

Posts: 18 | Registered: December 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My pre-war M&P snub nose from about 1937

Posts: 2466 | Location: WI | Registered: December 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SigSentry
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RomeoFoxtrot:
Nice revolver!! Am I looking at the gun wrong, or is that some kind of grip adapter attached to the grip with screws?

You are looking at it correctly. I have no additional information on it. Looks well done and matches the trigger and hammer. Old school gunsmithing.

Busier than a cat covering
crap on a marble floor
Picture of Z06
posted Hide Post
M&P .38 (pre-M10) 4” – shipped: January 21, 1947

M&P .38 (pre-M10) 2” – shipped: November 20, 1947

Posts: 3998 | Location: AZ | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Z06:

M&P .38 (pre-M10) 2” – shipped: November 20, 1947

I have this one's younger (by one year) sibling, (in the same shape, lettered to a hardware store in Miami,
as well as another in not as good shape (but still very nice) dating to 1954 or so

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10410 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diversified Hobbyist
Picture of Steve 22X
posted Hide Post
Grandfathers old service pistol with holster.
Retention wasn't an issue back then.

-----------------------------------
Regards, Steve
The anticipation is often greater than the actual reward

Posts: 2463 | Location: Wylie, Texas | Registered: November 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of got2hav1
posted Hide Post
10-5 if I recall correctly. Sorry I just realized you wanted pre 10s.

JEREMIAH 33:3

Posts: 2745 | Location: Eastern NC | Registered: March 14, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SigSentry
posted Hide Post
^ it's all good. I'll allow it Big Grin. Nice snubby. I may have to find a similar shooter.

Picture of Rustpot
posted Hide Post
Local gun shop had this one marked as a Model 10.

Model 1905 4th change M&P 38, serials 241,704 to 1,000,000 from 1915-1942. This is 292,XXX, a member did a lookup and dated it to 1919.

Posts: 6029 | Location: Romeo, MI | Registered: January 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post
Baby Chief 5 screw flat latch. Circa 1953.
My first hand gun.

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mine Big Grin A work in progress. Picked up the barrel for 10 bucks at a show several years ago. Don't know if I'll have it fit or find an original. The original barrel was a six inch split right down the middle due to a squib load. I got the gun for free so I'll put it together and probably only fire very low pressure wadcutters through it.

I suspect the ramp sight may cause some point of impact issues compared to the original half-moon.

Posts: 1063 | Location: hampton roads, va. | Registered: October 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Oldrider
posted Hide Post
Beautiful examples. Thanks for putting them up!

Posts: 360 | Location: Outinthesticks | Registered: October 08, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post