SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    1911 Tacops 9mm not ejecting
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

1911 Tacops 9mm not ejecting Login/Join 
posted
I have a new Sig 1911 Tacops Fullsize in 9mm and have only shot about 200 rounds through it. I am have trouble about every 20 rounds or so in which it extract the casing, but will not eject it. Anyone have any ideas why this is or how to fix it?

Posts: 3 | Registered: February 19, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My friend and I just bought the same pistol.
Same thing is happening on both of them.
The commonality is that when it happens, it is always the last round. When the mag is ripped out, the casing drops free, but not thrilled about it.
After 300 rounds, it seems to be occurring much less.

Posts: 181 | Location: NEPA | Registered: March 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For me, it varies. It has been with any number of rounds left in it. It is very frustrating.

Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
What ammunition are you shooting?

A common reason for ejection failures is low slide velocity. That can be caused by a number of things: low-powered ammunition, inadequate or improper lubrication, inadequate cleaning, or something that interferes with slide movement, such as rubbing against the shooter’s thumb.

Welcome to the forum, BTW. Smile

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47410 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
At the time it was happening I was actually using Sig factory ammo.

posted Hide Post
Agree, SD has short recoil.
I would try good lube and a different brand of ammo before I freaked out.

I think Pete has inadequate extraction. Rounds 1-8 eject because they have the top round in the magazine to hold them up under a weak extractor and guide them back to the ejector. The last round is coming off an extractor with weak spring or short hook.

Posts: 3287 | Location: Florence, Alabama, USA | Registered: July 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Also if you're lubing the gun with grease, Don't. 1911's like oil and a decent amount of it.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Vipers28
posted Hide Post
Completely off topic but I didn't even realize that this came in 9mm. And for my 1911's I do use oil vs how I grease my 226's.

Posts: 769 | Location: H6 | Registered: December 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Vipers28:
Completely off topic but I didn't even realize that this came in 9mm. And for my 1911's I do use oil vs how I grease my 226's.

Same here. Came as a surprise when I found it. At $720 (tax, fees, and out the door), I couldn't pass it up. 4 mags were nice too.

Posts: 181 | Location: NEPA | Registered: March 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post