SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Sig P220 DAK- they going down in value?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig P220 DAK- they going down in value? Login/Join 
posted
There are quite a few P220 DAKs on gun broker and a few are pristine. They are going from mid 300's to mid 400's. Isnt that pretty cheap!?
Are these going down in value?

Posts: 3483 | Location: Illinois | Registered: September 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jac1304
posted Hide Post
What’s the condition, that will play a role along with volume available. I paided 425.00 for an old stock p229 .40 s and w last year. Seems like everything goes up and down.

Posts: 908 | Location: Snohomish, WA | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Overall DAK's not very popular, sig doesn't really support it. So I would guess over time they would go down. A pristine Pseries of any type in the $400 range I personally would consider a good deal.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10966 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Plenty of cheap DAKs, especially P226 DAK in 40s.

I'm just not interested in that action even if you can convert it - because by the time you do, you could have bought what you really wanted in the first place.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
When you fall, I will be there to catch you -With love, the floor
posted Hide Post
quote:
P220 DAK

If you look at the ads, they are all used with no condition stated. One has ten available. So I'd guess they are LE trade ins. At $350 they are still making money on them.

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net

Posts: 5803 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
P226DAK in .40 has to be the lowest of the low in terms of the market. But in any case a P220 DAK is pretty close.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10966 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of Death
and Destruction
Picture of walker77
posted Hide Post
I got my DAK P229 on gunbroker for $300. This was a few years ago. Its a 40sw and a DAK, so nobody bid against me.

There are a lot of police trade in DAKs on the market.

Posts: 7389 | Location: Raymore, Missouri | Registered: June 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:

I'm just not interested in that action even if you can convert it - because by the time you do, you could have bought what you really wanted in the first place.

I had one given to me, it's on the way to N.H. now..

Posts: 35 | Registered: October 12, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
It’s not surprising. Given the facts that the DAK trigger was never popular to begin with, the ignorant misinformation about the system that circulates to this day, the cessation of support from SIG, and—most important—the ever-increasing popularity of hammerless pistols, the DAK is definitely on the endangered species list. And DA/SA pistols like the Classic line SIGs are just a step or two behind.

I just wish I’d waited to stock up on my DAK spares.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47365 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SevenPlusOne
posted Hide Post
I got one for $379 a year and a half ago, night sights are still bright, shoots like any SIG.
I sold my HK-45c because I liked the 220 more, and paid half as much for it.

"Ninja kick the damn rabbit"

Posts: 4611 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: October 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doin' what I can
with what I got
Picture of Rob Decker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
It’s not surprising. Given the facts that the DAK trigger was never popular to begin with, the ignorant misinformation about the system that circulates to this day, the cessation of support from SIG, and—most important—the ever-increasing popularity of hammerless pistols, the DAK is definitely on the endangered species list. And DA/SA pistols like the Classic line SIGs are just a step or two behind.

I just wish I’d waited to stock up on my DAK spares.

From your mouth to God's ears, though there is an ebb and flow to all things here.

I remember when retailers couldn't seem to GIVE away 3rd Gen S&W autos of any flavor (except maybe the 10mms).

Everybody discovered what a bargain they were and now they're back in the 500s+ for one in decent shape.

This is a leading driver behind me deciding to round out the "needs" for the gun locker this year and developing a slush fund for "I kinda want it, don't need it, but that's a good deal" purchases that keep slipping through my fingers.

----------------------------------------
Death smiles at us all. Be sure you smile back.

Posts: 5540 | Location: Greater Nashville, TN | Registered: May 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Superzuki:
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:

I had one given to me, it's on the way to N.H. now..
Pretty much the only way I'd get one - ie for free.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bearverine
posted Hide Post
I've got a cousin who swears it's a great fc system.
Personally, I could never get the hang of running DAK.
But didn't I see a tutorial of sorts on how it works and how to run it on here awhile back?

As honor follows service, so the westerner travels to the east.

Posts: 478 | Location: Winchester, Indiana | Registered: April 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Photoman
posted Hide Post
Recently bought a surplus P220R DAK for $399. It's a three year old gun that looks like new. Shoots great!

+++

Posts: 1561 | Registered: May 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Every day is New Year's Day
for Calendar Boy!

Oh, and I'm BANNED
posted Hide Post
There's no "getting the hang" of the DAK system. It simply takes practice, just like any other trigger system.

The problem is, most shooters don't shoot a lot of different kinds of guns as they are learning so the get good at one type and then when they don't shoot another type as well they think it's the triggers fault.

Striker fired triggers were lambasted when they first came out. They are not much better now than when they first came out, the difference is that there is a whole generation of shooters that only shot striker fired guns, so when they swtich to a DA/SA or DAO or shoot a revolver, they think there is something wrong with the trigger.

My point is, you can get good at most any trigger type, you just have to go out and shoot them. In the end, a crisp single action trigger will probably be the "best" but that doesn't make other triggers bad.

This is all said with the understanding that each trigger is working well and the pull and break are consistent.

Posts: 1045 | Registered: September 06, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
I find DAK’s to be just as easy to shoot as DA/SA guns.

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post