SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    New Sig P320 RX Compact
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Sig P320 RX Compact Login/Join 
posted
As the title states, I have just picked up a new P320 RX Compact. Smoking deal at Cabela's. In any event, the gun fits my hand great, the trigger feels better to me than my GL19, I love the size. I'm excited about the whole chassis system that would let me change out grip modules. I know it will be a steep learning curve shooting with a red dot, but I'm confident I can scale the mountain. As I sit here eating my green beans, I have some questions:

1. I carry appendix; what is a good, cost-not-crazy, AIWB holster?

2. What mags can I get for it? Do Sig's 17 round and 21 round mags fit the gun?

3. Is changing out the grip module as easy as it seems? for example, I really like the X-Compact grip module; is swapping out the grip modules going to work?

4. Where can I find mags at a good price? I'm seeing $40.00 and up prices; if that's what it is, then so be it. But there has to be a miser or two amongst us that knows a place.

Thanks to all for reading and any replies.

Posts: 92 | Registered: February 06, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Taterporkchop:
2. What mags can I get for it? Do Sig's 17 round and 21 round mags fit the gun?

Yes, but they'll protrude from the bottom of the grip.

quote:
3. Is changing out the grip module as easy as it seems? for example, I really like the X-Compact grip module; is swapping out the grip modules going to work?

Yep. Here's my Compact slide (same as yours just without an optic mount) with an X-Compact grip module:

Posts: 32494 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks Rogue; now I just need that AIWB advice. I always liked your avatar.

posted Hide Post
I started out with a standard compact, and liked the X-Carry module. I dremmeled the X-Carry grip to the same dimensions as the standard compact module magazine well. I did this because all I had was compact magazines. I still do not know why Sig doesn't make a module like this. It looks cool, feels good and will take any mag old or new. I will post pics later on tonight if you are interested in seeing what I did. I like this because it gives a finished look and doesn't have the dust cover hanging over the frame at the muzzle end, and as mentioned earlier this mod takes all mags/base plates.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Super Shooter,

Posts: 1491 | Registered: December 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
SS: I'd love to see a picture.

posted Hide Post
Not trying to hi-jack your thread, here is a link to a thread I just opened showing the modifications.

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...580002364#2580002364

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Super Shooter,

Posts: 1491 | Registered: December 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post