SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    SIG Custom Shop Father's Day Deal - And do any other manufacturers offer this?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SIG Custom Shop Father's Day Deal - And do any other manufacturers offer this? Login/Join 
Picture of JBird679
posted
For those that didn't get the email, Sig is offering a discount on their Custom Shop services again for Father's Day. From what I recall this deal is not quite as sweet as it has been in the past, but it's still a great deal if you were already planning to get some work done.

https://www.sigsauer.com/custom-shop/
quote:
Pistol Service Packages
-Full Service: $64.95 (normally $84.95)
-SIG Service Package: $114.95 (normally $144.95) (this is basically the FSP plus installed siglite night sights)
-Action Enhancement: $139.95 (normally 179.95)

Also, save 50% on shipping for pistol services over $200. (round trip is $55 normally)

On a related note, I was wondering if any other manufacturers offer these types of services? I think it's awesome that Sig has full descriptions and prices listed right on their website, and you can get the manufacturer to perform these things without voiding your warranty. I haven't heard of any others offering this, especially so openly, but I also haven't researched much.

Posts: 987 | Location: Upstate, SC | Registered: March 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I got the e-mail today, seriously thinking of doing the package on an old P220st, and P220 equinox

Posts: 713 | Location: SW. Florida, USA | Registered: August 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You're going to feel
a little pressure...
posted Hide Post
Glock will install night sights​ for $57.
While the gun is there, they will do the equivalent of the Sig Full Service Package, for free.

Glock FAQs

Bruce

"The designer of the gun had clearly not been instructed to beat about the bush. 'Make it evil,' he'd been told. 'Make it totally clear that this gun has a right end and a wrong end. Make it totally clear to anyone standing at the wrong end that things are going badly for them. If that means sticking all sort of spikes and prongs and blackened bits all over it then so be it. This is not a gun for hanging over the fireplace or sticking in the umbrella stand, it is a gun for going out and making people miserable with." -Douglas Adams

“It is just as difficult and dangerous to try to free a people that wants to remain servile as it is to try to enslave a people that wants to remain free."
-Niccolo Machiavelli

The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all. -Mencken

Posts: 4245 | Location: AK-49 | Registered: October 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Glock will install night sights​ for $57.
While the gun is there, they will do the equivalent of the Sig Full Service Package, for free.

Just make certain you remove any aftermarket parts off your gun if you want to ever see them again. Probably the same for SIG as well.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
I'd like AEP done on my 226 DA/SA Legion. When I've inquired before they said they don't need it, but wouldn't answer if they'd actually do it. Anyone know if they will do it? Maybe I just need to call back again.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20815 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Dead_Eye
posted Hide Post
Can anyone comment on the Action Enhancement Package and say if it's worth it or not?

Beware the man who has one gun because he probably knows how to use it.

Posts: 368 | Location: Somplace with cold drinks and warm women | Registered: May 04, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Can't speak for the AEP, but I sent an old P225 in for the SSP and it came back like a new pistol, with bright new night sights. Well worth the $114

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10722 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dead_Eye:
Can anyone comment on the Action Enhancement Package and say if it's worth it or not?
I had them do it to my 220–10. Unsure whether it was worth the cost.

**************~~~~~~~~~~
"I've been on this rock too long to bother with these liars any more."
~SIGforum advisor~
"When the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change, then change will come."~~sigmonkey

Posts: 9853 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Silencerco is running 30% off. I took advantage this AM, got an ambi charge handle, some orings, and a 3 lug adapter.

Posts: 535 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: September 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

I sent my 2-year old P226 Extreme to Sig last year for the AEP treatment, it had less than 1k rounds on it at that time. The Extreme came stock with Short Reset Trigger and Sig Night Sights.

The AEP greatly improved both single-action and double-action trigger pull and feel, now very crisp and smooth. Well worth the money for me.

To qualify for free shipment last year I also had the Night Sights replaced with the X-Ray sights, same as on the Legion pistols. I really like those sights.

So yes, I feel it was worth the price last year for the AEP. The P226 now feels very similar to my P220 Sport, which was produced in Germany.

The previous year I had sent my P245 to Sig for the general Service Package/cleanup, and had them install new night sights as well. Like the P220 Sport, the P245 already had a pretty good trigger.

Posts: 312 | Location: Ohio | Registered: January 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:

Absolutely. It's only good for people who want a lighter trigger pull in both DA/SA and a much smoother overall pull though. If you're not into a better trigger, then I'd skip it.

I had it done to my M11-A1 last year for this special. Also had them change all the springs out and do a barrel crown. I believe with the free shipping it ended up at about $250. Well worth it. It now has a better trigger than my fancy Legion. Prior to that the legion was the best out the box SIG trigger I had pulled.

Go for it!

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20815 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Seayall
posted Hide Post
Well I'll report once I get my 229 back. Sent off today for the Action Enhancement and the SRT. Total with shipping is $247.40, I felt that was a good deal.

Posts: 681 | Location: Cape Coral, FL | Registered: January 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
I am hearing impaired, so telephone is NOT really practical.

Does anybody know of an email contact that I could use for making arrangements for this service for a P245? I did not see anything appropriate on SIG's "Contact Us" web page.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30647 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post