SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P290 Magazine problem
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P290 Magazine problem Login/Join 
Picture of Blume9mm
posted
Not what you think, magazines work just fine but when fully loaded and put in my pouch as an extra the top two rounds will work themselves out. Then the magazine rides up. I use a Gerber multitool pouch with a flap most days to keep the magazine concealed and so the flap on the pouch opens and shows the magazine. The spring is real tight and it is hard to get those last two rounds in.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Read the CONSTITUTION
Picture of Mountain Man
posted Hide Post
Top round in my mags usually have a funny angle to them. Few bumps can ocasionally losen a round. IIRC, the mags had been a regular complaint. But never had any feed issues.

A 9mm in MY Hand is better than a 45 at home.
SIG P-239 357.. The Modern Martial Arts
Pair of 226 Navy's

Too many" LOW INFORMATION VOTERS "
si vis pacem para bellvm

Posts: 2172 | Location: UN Constitution State  | Registered: October 22, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
That's just the way P290 mags are - in addition to having sharp feedlips.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
What I was hoping is someone here would have come up with a solution like cutting part of that too heavy spring off a certain amount... I don't want to experiment with those expensive magazines.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sixgunner455
posted Hide Post
That exact thing was one of the contributing reasons to why I eventually sold mine.

Posts: 1685 | Location: Here be Dragons! | Registered: March 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post