SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Anybody here have a glock 40 with an RMR?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anybody here have a glock 40 with an RMR? Login/Join 
posted
As if I need another gun...but I digress.

My friend went looking for a glock 20 but while he was shopping he decided he like the 40 better. I got to shoot it a bit and it was pretty sweet, I’m thinking one with a vortex or Trinicon rmr would be pretty awesome.

Anybody have one?

Posts: 5082 | Location: Alaska | Registered: June 12, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Sort of...

Traded into a Gen4 Glock 21 and a Bushnell. Sold the 21 upper and bought a 40 MOS upper. The 40 has the longest slide that Glock makes, plus there is the added bonus (for me anyway) that it does not have the hole in the top of the slide for the ported barrel like the 17L, 34, etc... The Bushnell is really good and stays on target well, I took the sights off and filled the hole & dovetail. It runs really smooth. You will like it with your favorite RMR a lot.

If, by chance, you are like me and can't seem to leave the thing the way it came out of the box and a custom trigger just isn't enough, you can also modify a Kriss Vector magazine to run 10mm. Later I converted the 40 MOS (and the Vector mags) to .38 Super. You can stuff almost a full box of .38s into a Kriss Vector magazine. Big Grin

Pic is kinda old. The other two are .357 Sig. I've done a few more mods since...

Posts: 9152 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Last summer I got the itch and satisfied it with a Glock 40 MOS. I installed a Leupold Deltapoint Pro (2.5moa dot). I've shot about 600 rounds through it. With a rest, at 25 yards, I get 1.0 - 1.5" groups consistently. I haven't reached that level of proficiency without a rest. It's a handful. I plan to start working on that skill again as the weather warms up. There's a case of S&B ammo waiting. Meanwhile I dry fire practice with the goal of keeping the dot on the target all the way through the trigger stroke. This practice also helps for consistency in bringing the weapon into shooting position with the red dot centered in the window. I am finding the G40 more challenging to shoot well than my other Glocks.

Posts: 691 | Location: Ohio & UP of Michigan | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't have a Glock MOS in 40 but i do have one in 45acp. A Vortex red dot and a KKM barrel.

Posts: 361 | Registered: July 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
awesome, thanks everybody. It looks like one of these may be my next gun.

Posts: 5082 | Location: Alaska | Registered: June 12, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
+1 on the Glock 40 with the Leupold DeltaPoint Pro. Great shooter across .40 S&W equivalent to the Underwood. I also have a threaded .40 S&W barrel for suppressed use.

Posts: 694 | Registered: March 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post
I have a G40 that l really like. I bought it with the express purpose of putting a dot on it. I was going for the RMR, but I’m look at the Vortex now.

Do not send me to a heaven where there are no dogs.
Step Up or Stand Aside: Support the Troops !
Expectations are premeditated disappointments.

Posts: 8343 | Location: West | Registered: November 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"The deals you miss don’t hurt you”-B.D. Raney Sr.
posted Hide Post
I have a G40MOS with an RMR.
It takes a few "presentations" to get used to finding the dot, but transitions between targets is faster, IME.

I also installed a flat trigger from ______ ...can't remember...

I have shot it side by side with my G20 pistols.The extra barrel on the G40 gives a noticeable difference in whallop (not to get too technical) downrange when shooting steel.
Should I have put all that money into paying off the Harley early? Probably.
But all in all, I like the little rig. Smile
I really want to find a 357SIG barrel for it.

Posts: 6304 | Location: East Texas | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Throwin sparks
makin knives
Picture of sybo
posted Hide Post
Absolutely LOVE mine and it makes for an AMAZING gun!

Posts: 6203 | Location: Nashville Tn | Registered: October 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

I have a G40MOS with a Vortex Venom. It is my primary hog hunting weapon.

I have a Kydex hip holster and a GS Chest Holster I carry it in.
I reload 180 GR Hornady XTP's for it and it is an awesome weapon.

Posts: 70 | Location: Georgia | Registered: May 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post