SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Taran STI 2011 (Keanu Approved)
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Taran STI 2011 (Keanu Approved) Login/Join 
Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted
She finally arrived! I have a few other high dollar handguns but never quite the custom job that this one is. Unbelievable how smooth. Can't wait for the weekend to get here. John Wick was on to something Wink

"Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails."

"We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled."

Posts: 3597 | Location: OK | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post
Ooh, that’s nice.

Do not send me to a heaven where there are no dogs.
Step Up or Stand Aside: Support the Troops !
Expectations are premeditated disappointments.

Posts: 8343 | Location: West | Registered: November 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Sweet!

I was lucky enough to find an STI 10mm and be able to trade around well enough to be able to get it.

The 10mm has done me proud for years now and it is one of a select few that I can't imagine ever parting with.

I can't wait for your range report and hearing how soon you want another one. Wink

Posts: 9144 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frequent Denizen
of the Twilight Zone
Picture of SIGWolf
posted Hide Post
Absolutely gorgeous!

Posts: 17342 | Location: Northern Vermont | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Beautiful gun! How long was the wait time?

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8013 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What a beauty!!

I was hoping someone here would acquire one and share their honest thoughts. I've done a lot of poking around on the web and these pistols get great reviews but I haven't seen or read anything too in depth so I hope you'll update this thread here and there after you've stopped drooling and put a bunch of rounds through her.

Congratulations dude, that is one handsome pistola!!!

Posts: 176 | Location: Rochester NY | Registered: June 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Living my life my way
Picture of molachi
posted Hide Post
Beautiful gun.

Posts: 1756 | Location: The Backyard of Nowhere | Registered: August 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
Pretty!

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Wow! Congratulations Smile

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you have time to comment would you answer a few questions that I can't find info on?

Ive heard that sti uses a polymer trigger in this weapon, is this true?

Are there any other parts that seem unique to the 2011 or STI in general that are done differently on a 1911?

I apologize if these are silly questions, these pistols simply don't exist in my commie home state of NY

Posts: 176 | Location: Rochester NY | Registered: June 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not normally my cup o tea, but that is badass and looks great. Racy but not pimped out Glock went way too far racy. More like the sharp lines of a supercar, extreme yes but sexy.

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gregory056349:
If you have time to comment would you answer a few questions that I can't find info on?

From what I can say as related to mine, the STI does have a polymer trigger shoe with a stainless trigger bow. The 2011 uses a three piece setup. The upper, the frame, and the grip. The grip frame assembly contains the mainspring housing, magwell, mag release, trigger, and trigger loop. It is fastened to the frame utilizing the small hex head screws in front of the trigger through a sleeve to hold it in place. The upper screws that would hold the traditional grips to a 1911 frame are what hold the 2011 grip assembly to the frame by way of tapered and indexrd pins that are held in place by these screws. The lower grip screws are cosmetic. Most STI pistols come with polymer grip frames, but you can also add a set of aluminum grips as I have, or contact another manufacturer that makes them in stainless steel ($$$). STI firearms are great. Their customer service is not.

Here is a pic of my 10mm:

Posts: 9144 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you for taking the time to comment and provide that info Sir!!

Mistake Not...
Picture of Loswsmith
posted Hide Post
Andy you have the BEST guns.

I'd totally go gay to marry you, but it would be short since WA is a community property state and with half of your collection I'd spend the rest of my days happy.

Mistake not my current state of joshing gentle peevishness for the awesome and terrible majesty of the towering seas of ire that are themselves the milquetoast shallows fringing my vast oceans of wrath.

Velocitas Incursio Vis - Gandhi

Posts: 1952 | Location: T-town in the 253 | Registered: January 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would love to be included for this karma. Just kidding. That is a really nice pistol. As much as people hate to say it, in my opinion, TTI changed the Glock world with customizations.

Posts: 6874 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow! I just looked the gun up. Nice!

So what is 9mm Major?

Can your gun shoot regular 9mm?

Posts: 1393 | Location: County 18, OH | Registered: April 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Runs 22 round 140mm 9mm magazines but at MSRP of $3900 to $4200 too rich for my blood. Frown

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16196 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tha1000
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Phelen_Kell:
Wow! I just looked the gun up. Nice!

So what is 9mm Major?

Can your gun shoot regular 9mm?

Major and minor are competition terms. Power factor. Basically (bullet mass x velocity)/1000 > 165 = major. 9mm major is pretty rough on guns but cheaper to shoot than loading 38 super or super comp. it’ll shoot regular 9mm just fine.

Posts: 5383 | Location: MS | Registered: June 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tha1000
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gregory056349:

Ive heard that sti uses a polymer trigger in this weapon, is this true?

Are there any other parts that seem unique to the 2011 or STI in general that are done differently on a 1911?

I apologize if these are silly questions, these pistols simply don't exist in my commie home state of NY

Sti uses polymer trigger shoes on most of their guns. Probably all currently in production. Parts that are different between 1911/2011 are: grip, frame, magwell, mainspring housing, magazine, trigger bow, and mag catch. The rest of the parts are 1911 parts.

Posts: 5383 | Location: MS | Registered: June 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of D4Heavy
posted Hide Post
Beautiful gun. I just picked up my second STI from a forum member here. STI DVC Limited. I also have the Costa Carry Comp. After shooting the 2011 I find myself neglecting all other pistols. Super soft recoil, Trigger that is dang near perfect and 21rds of 9mm. It’s so much fun to shoot.

I’ll have a Combat Master one day.

Looking forward to your range report.

Also, I had some finish come off around the comp on the Costa. Sent STI an email and they sent me a tracking label to return it. They refinished the slide no questions asked. No issues with their CS for me. They carry a lifetime warrantee

Posts: 397 | Location: Alabama | Registered: December 23, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post