SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Compact without rail?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Compact without rail? Login/Join 
posted
Would anyone else like to see a grip frame for the P320 compacts without the accessory rail and, perhaps, with a rounded trigger guard, like the Subcompacts? Has anyone removed the rail from one? Might this weaken the grip frame?

Posts: 21 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: October 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No Compromise
posted Hide Post
First of all, 7 posts in 5 years? Slooowwwwww down there, turbo!

And yes, I have such an item. It's called a Sig P228. Razz

The Sig P320 is what it is. Sure there are some pros and cons to every platform out there. But I find it's best to accept a firearm for what it is. Just sayin',yo.

H&K-Guy

Posts: 3720 | Registered: April 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
http://www.momentum3d.com/category-s/145.htm

If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit!

Sigs Owned - A Bunch

Posts: 4263 | Location: Nashville, Tennessee | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
H&K-Guy. So the OP asks a simple, straightforward factual question in a polite manner and he gets this crap from you? Jeez. Roll Eyes

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No Compromise
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nipper:
H&K-Guy. So the OP asks a simple, straightforward factual question in a polite manner and he gets this crap from you? Jeez. Roll Eyes

What can I say? Some times I'm full of crap! Razz

H&K-Guy

Picture of spunk639
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by H&K-Guy:
quote:

H&K-Guy

I guess you decided he shouldn't come back to make post #8.

Posts: 2770 | Location: Boston, Mass | Registered: December 02, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No Compromise
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by spunk639:
quote:
quote:

H&K-Guy

I guess you decided he shouldn't come back to make post #8.

That would be sad. I'm having a fun morning today, and was just in a playful mood. I did not mean to chase anyone away.

H&K-Guy

Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by One Eye:
Would anyone else like to see a grip frame for the P320 compacts without the accessory rail and, perhaps, with a rounded trigger guard, like the Subcompacts? Has anyone removed the rail from one? Might this weaken the grip frame?

Yes, you can remove the rail by DIY. It should not weaken the grip module unless you're overly aggressive and penetrate the thin polymer. A few have done it successfully and yielded a good looking rail less P320. I've done two. It is very time consuming. It requires patience but only minimal tools. Concentrate on removing the rail notches only and blend. The trigger guard can only be rounded to a limited degree. I never saw the need. Keep in mind that any such modifications will limit holster selection as no molds exist.

You might check out SELWAY ARMORY to purchase a grip module to try your hand at the rail removal. Not only do they again have a wide selection of factory grip modules in stock again, they also have the long awaited SIG produced LIMA5 grip module with a built in laser. It has no rail. But it is not inexpensive.

Beware of a man whose only pistol is a 1911, he's probably very good with it.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Would anyone else like to see a grip frame for the P320 compacts without the accessory rail and, perhaps, with a rounded trigger guard, like the Subcompacts?......

Over the past two years, I'v seen a number of SF members with P320 C's express their interest in same. I also would buy one in a New York minute for my P320C 9mm, if it became available. I have a SC Small (no-rail) grip frame module to use with the compact FCU, but I prefer the longer Compact grip.

Given Sig's current preoccupation with military sales, upgrades and an expanded P320 line though, I'm not holding my breath.

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

The Sig P320 is what it is. Sure there are some pros and cons to every platform out there. But I find it's best to accept a firearm for what it is. Just sayin',yo.

H&K-Guy
When I don't have anything to say, I don't say anything.

Posts: 21 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: October 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Anush:
http://www.momentum3d.com/category-s/145.htm[/QUOTE
Thanks. I took a look, and don't care for the looks, and would like to stay with the Sig
frame.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by az4783054:
quote:
az4783054
Might try that. I've been (hand tools only) smithing 1911's for 40 years, but never worked with polymers. I have plenty of files and abrasives, and a buffer, but I'd have to do some research in working on plastic. More interested in getting rid of the rail than rounding the trigger guard. Holsters are no problem, I can make my own. Thanks.

Yes, you can remove the rail by DIY. It should not weaken the grip module unless you're overly aggressive and penetrate the thin polymer. A few have done it successfully and yielded a good looking rail less P320. I've done two. It is very time consuming. It requires patience but only minimal tools. Concentrate on removing the rail notches only and blend. The trigger guard can only be rounded to a limited degree. I never saw the need. Keep in mind that any such modifications will limit holster selection as no molds exist.

You might check out SELWAY ARMORY to purchase a grip module to try your hand at the rail removal. Not only do they again have a wide selection of factory grip modules in stock again, they also have the long awaited SIG produced LIMA5 grip module with a built in laser. It has no rail. But it is not inexpensive.

Picture of 45_Auto
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

H&K-Guy
When I don't have anything to say, I don't say anything.

Big Grin

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
A Veteran is someone who wrote a blank check Made payable to 'The United States of America' for an amount of 'Up to and including their life'.
That is Honor. Unfortunately there are way too many people in this Country who no longer understand that.

Posts: 2306 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: November 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
I bought a P320c, got a subcompact grip frame, and use extensions on the mag.

I don't care for rails on pistols, and I think that the aftermarket will fill the void.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post