SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Springfield 1911 TRP - Gray Frame
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Springfield 1911 TRP - Gray Frame Login/Join 
Stop Talking, Start Doing
posted
I need this gun. I need it. I want it. I have to buy it. It will be in my safe soon -- it has to be.

Posts: 5072 | Location: The (R)ight side of Washington State | Registered: August 31, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Nframe
posted Hide Post
I've seen one on the shelf here at the PSA. Good looking pistol!!

Posts: 2912 | Location: mid S.C. | Registered: March 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Yes and look, it has a respectable, useful and well thought out rear sight. Unlike that POS triangle hunk of metal most 1911 builders settle for, novak?

This type of sight, IIRC, first appeared on Baer 1911s. Pretty decent pistol.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah, that is pretty cool.

Posts: 1251 | Location: Oregon | Registered: March 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Something about that gray.

Posts: 5072 | Location: The (R)ight side of Washington State | Registered: August 31, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gloom, despair and
agony on me.
Picture of drabfour
posted Hide Post
One for sale here in the classifieds. It's from Lipsey's.

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...0601935/m/7880046724

Posts: 4986 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by drabfour:
One for sale here in the classifieds. It's from Lipsey's.

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...0601935/m/7880046724

Thanks for the link. Unfortunately that's a 9mm variant of what I want.

posted Hide Post
oh man.....that thing is niiiice.....love a nice 1911. Only have 3 currently but now you got me itching....

Posts: 543 | Registered: January 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Shriker:
oh man.....that thing is niiiice.....love a nice 1911. Only have 3 currently but now you got me itching....

It'll be my first 1911. Might as well get a really nice one, right?

Picture of gunguru123
posted Hide Post
That grey does look good. I have the SA TRP but in standard black, grey grips.

Sig P220 Elite Dark, W. German 220/226 Navy/226 Tac Ops/226R Stainless/228/229 Legion/229R/M11-A1D

Glocks, HK, Walther, XDs, etc, etc...

Posts: 1043 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Nframe
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Copefree:
quote:
Originally posted by Shriker:

It'll be my first 1911. Might as well get a really nice one, right?

That's a great first one. Bet not the only one!!!! Wink

Posts: 2912 | Location: mid S.C. | Registered: March 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^ I'm sure it'll open the flood gates. Just like I've done with those damn polymer pistols.

I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David Lee:
Yes and look, it has a respectable, useful and well thought out rear sight. Unlike that POS triangle hunk of metal most 1911 builders settle for, novak?

This type of sight, IIRC, first appeared on Baer 1911s. Pretty decent pistol.

And it's even worse than the horrible adjustable sight that Baer uses. At least he can round off the corners so the sight doesn't cut into your hand when you rack the slide like my TRP Operator did.

Posts: 4166 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post