SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    SIG PRO/2022 fans, please step in......
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SIG PRO/2022 fans, please step in...... Login/Join 
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted
The Pro/2022 is one of the most under rated guns out there, without a doubt. The guns are soft shooting, extremely accurate, and dependable.

If you could make changes to the 2022, what would they be? For me, it would be extending the front of the frame about 1/4 to take out the pinch on reloading the pistol.

What changes would you make to the pistol?

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37081 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Take out take up on trigger.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20756 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Short Reset Trigger

Posts: 13796 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
Takedown on mine is very hard. Getting that pin out almost requires a tool on mine, and putting it back together properly aligned is no real prize easier.

I'd like to see the pistol pretty much as it is, with a 226/229 style takedown lever.

I also like the decocker better than the standard sig decocker.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12743 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thinner profile

Posts: 661 | Location: The realm of Texas | Registered: February 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have never owned one but have handled a few. My biggest reason for not buying one would be the reason that jljones has mentioned, the unusually short front strap on the grip of the frame.

Posts: 372 | Registered: March 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
Take down and reassembly is a bit wonky on mine as well. But I just need to do it more to really get the hang of it.
The biggest issue is pinky pinch when using MecGar +2 mags. Not sure if the grip needs to be modified or the floor plate but I have pretty much solely gone to the flat factory style floor plate as every round shot with the +2 gives me a little pinch. Enough to be annoying.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25353 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I just hate the trigger. I have one I have shot very little, due to the trigger.

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Make it striker-fired. Big Grin

I really liked my SP2022. But I had to let it go when I decided to standardize on striker-fired handguns.

quote:
Originally posted by Aquabird:
Yeah, I just hate the trigger. I have one I have shot very little, due to the trigger.

Wow. You're the only person I've ever seen complain about the trigger.

The SP2022 is renowned for its excellent trigger. It's one of the best DA/SA triggers I've ever tried.

Posts: 32419 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vincent317
posted Hide Post
I'd like to have a short reset on what, I think, is already a great out of the box trigger...an SRT for the SigPro.

Posts: 593 | Location: NC | Registered: July 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Have the trigger break a bit farther foreword rather than back against the grip. More like a classic P.

Having large hands I seem to be a minority in the gun world though.

Posts: 1335 | Registered: October 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The finger pinch thing with the plus 2 mags is an annoyance for me as well, but my biggest gripe about my SP2022 is how close to the frame the trigger breaks. Trigger pull is smooth but long, and breaks so close to the frame that I push every shot to the left unless I make a concerted effort to not do so. An extended reach trigger and/or a lighter mainspring would certainly help, but it doesn't seem either are available. Although I will take a bath on it mine is up for sale. I really wanted to like this pistol, had Tru Glo TFX Pro sights installed and bought a bunch of mags for it but I know I will never get my money out of it and don't shoot it well. It just doesn't work for me.

Posts: 2550 | Location: Troy, MI | Registered: October 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redhookbklyn
posted Hide Post
I like my 2022 just the way it is.

I just don't shoot it enough, I need to change that.

“There is love in me the likes of which you’ve never seen. There is rage in me the likes of which should never escape."
—Mary Shelley, Frankenstein

Posts: 1925 | Location: South Carolina  | Registered: January 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Takedown lever/slide stop (too big), along with the slightly weird position you have to put it in to reassemble.

Posts: 1168 | Registered: July 06, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Striving for Mediocrity
Picture of operator81
posted Hide Post
Bring back the large grips, with stippling like the S and M grips. Or just the large grips in general.

3-7-77

Posts: 1213 | Registered: November 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Make it the size of the "SPC" or compact version available overseas. Offer a short reset option. Redsign the grip/frame where you have adjustable backstraps and not the entire grip.

What happend to the redesign? I spoke to a product manager about a year ago at a local SIG day, and he mentioned a forthcoming redesign, to include an SRT! I guess this never got off the ground.

I would love to see these offered in single stack, as currently there is no single stack, narrow hammer fired gun on the market.

Dave

Posts: 1153 | Location: Decatur, GA | Registered: November 14, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Palm:
Takedown lever/slide stop (too big).

That is my only gripe because of my fat thumbs.

I wonder if SIG thinking about a hammer fired DA/SA modular poly frame pistol. That would be sweet too.

Posts: 9730 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sox:
Make it the size of the "SPC" or compact version available overseas. Offer a short reset option. Redsign the grip/frame where you have adjustable backstraps and not the entire grip.

What happend to the redesign? I spoke to a product manager about a year ago at a local SIG day, and he mentioned a forthcoming redesign, to include an SRT! I guess this never got off the ground.

I would love to see these offered in single stack, as currently there is no single stack, narrow hammer fired gun on the market.

Dave

Or even a bit smaller, thinner, overall, but making sure the ergo's work together.

Posts: 3232 | Location: Middle Earth, Rivendell | Registered: November 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I agree with several here. Trigger breaks too far back. SRT would be sweet too.

I don't have a pinch problem, but I'm pretty sure I get dainty with my pinky out on reloads (on all pistols).

I'll add that it should get a Compact slide offering (think P229 vs P226, nothing drastic). And for the grip, I like the hard-to-find Large, but the rubber isn't terribly grippy.

Not enuf pics in here:

Fresh outta the box

As she is now with the large grips

Against the P229

First 15 round mag's worth through her (though only 5 yards out IIRC).

------------------------------------------------
Charter member of the vast, right-wing conspiracy

Posts: 1859 | Registered: June 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JBird679
posted Hide Post
+1 on the trigger. It's not that it's rough, it's just that it breaks so far back and the reset is so long. I've had several friends shoot mine and that is their one complaint. After I run any other guns (P228, P229 Legion [unfair comparison I know], or even P320) and then switch to my Pro, I short stroke and miss the reset on rapid fires. Otherwise I love it. A .22 conversion would be sweet too.

P.S.- I have also had the mag pinch, more often with the +2 mags which is why I don't use them much.

Posts: 987 | Location: Upstate, SC | Registered: March 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post