SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    SIG PRO/2022 fans, please step in......
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SIG PRO/2022 fans, please step in...... Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Wish they would revamp and really exploit this line into compacts and subs, heck even do a single stack series to compete with the XDE.

The P250 would have done way better had they kept the original trigger design as a DA/SA with shorter reset as the P250 in Germany actually had. They butchered it stateside.

Posts: 1153 | Location: Decatur, GA | Registered: November 14, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SiGagain
posted Hide Post
A DA/SA P250???...I thought the P250 was an American design...

Bill

Fast is Fine...Accuracy is Final
*SiGARMS GSR Revolution STX
*SiG/Sauer*P220*P226*P228*P230*P245*SPC2009*P365

NRA Benefactor Life/LEAA Life Membership

Posts: 2410 | Location: ChicagoLand, USA | Registered: November 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
https://instagram.com/p/BXaOUH8AGWA/

So, what were the drawbacks again? Big Grin

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37082 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
https://instagram.com/p/BXaOUH8AGWA/

So, what were the drawbacks again? Big Grin

That has a nice little ring to it Razz

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25354 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Big Grin

www.opspectraining.com

Posts: 37082 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
SIG 2022. Each shipping with the X5 undercut. Big Grin

Is that a new magazine, the toe/pinky finger extension isn't there. And I like the rhythm the guy is playing with one in the Instagram linked posts above. Smile

Posts: 3202 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
I am a huge fan of the Sig pro; at one time I owned five. I owned an SP2009, an SP2340, and three SP2022’s. I am currently down to one pre-Exeter SP2022 9mm.

I bought an SP2022 9mm factory two tone once and decided to make it like a classic Sig two tone (it only had the slide in the white). At first I sent the barrel to Robar to get NP3’d, and then after shooting it a bit I decided to send the rest of the small parts to CCR to have them done in CPII.

I took lots of pictures when I disassembled it, but my hard drive died and when I got the parts back a month later it was like…hmmmm…but it wasn’t too bad Smile

I ended up trading it to a buddy of mine in Idaho when he retired. It is currently riding around with him on his ATV.

Long live the Sig Pro!

A few pics. The magazine baseplate is a factory Sig flat baseplate.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks! I'll have to look harder for the flat baseplate magazines. Mine came with the extended plate/rest, and outside of the Mec-Gars have only seen the extended ones. A good bit of the height difference between a 2022 and a G19 I think is the baseplate.

Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
The only place I have ever seen the flat baseplates is from Roco Firearms. They weren't cheap and availability is sporadic. Looks like their website is under repair right now.

http://www.roco-dr.de

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:
The only place I have ever seen the flat baseplates is from Roco Firearms. They weren't cheap and availability is sporadic. Looks like their website is under repair right now.

Good info. I'll check the site again about Labor Day. I'd like at least two when available.

Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
mbinky, do you remember what the base plates cost in the off times when they were available?

www.opspectraining.com

Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rat2306:
Good info. I'll check the site again about Labor Day. I'd like at least two when available.

Drop me an email with your mailing info at bianchimj at startmail dot com. I just dug through my crap (I have too much stuff) and found two I will send you, instant karma. I have plenty and only one SP right now.

Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
quote:
mbinky, do you remember what the base plates cost in the off times when they were available?

I want to say over ten bucks. I remember he had the baseplates alone or the baseplates on blued 9mm magazines, and the magazines were $29. It was worth it to buy two new mags to get the baseplates.

ETA: Never understood why Sig didn't import these for sale individually (maybe through TGS) or on magazines.

posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by rat2306:

Drop me an email with your mailing info at bianchimj at startmail dot com. I just dug through my crap (I have too much stuff) and found two I will send you, instant karma. I have plenty and only one SP right now.

Very kind offer, thanks very much! I just sent you an e-mail.

Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
I have an Ilaflon version, and love it. I basically stole it from a pawn shop in its original box with grips, mags, etc.

If Sig wanted to do something simple with it's existing tooling instead of significantly modifying the gun, I'd spring for an SAS version. No rail, smoothed, rounded trigger guard, de-horned slide and frame. I'd be all over that.

The 2022 is one of my favorite pistols.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12745 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
quote:

I lucked up and got a few from Roco some time back,good company to deal with. I also installed a DPM recoil sytem in my 2022/357 Sig/40, the flat baseplates make the biggest change in the SigPro grip.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JBird679
posted Hide Post
These are the Euro mag plates from RoCo Systems:
https://www.rocosystems.com/pr.../magazine-base-plase
They are currently OOS, but they are $12.50 and shipping is (or used to be) $8 flat rate.

Posts: 987 | Location: Upstate, SC | Registered: March 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sixgunner455
posted Hide Post
There is one reason I sold mine: the slide stop lever. My long thumb just could not stop riding it, even after I bought a spare and modded it a couple of times. It was accurate, reliable (unless crud built up under the extractor hook), and looked like New after thousands of rounds and tons of dry fire presentations.

Yeah, the front strap cutout is stupid. Yeah, the magazines could be cheaper and/or compatible with P-series mags. I had no issues with the trigger, the sights, the grip, or the rail: it was the slide stop lever.

I sold it, finally, because of the lever. Very particular, I am.

Posts: 1685 | Location: Here be Dragons! | Registered: March 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Just finished my first IDPA match with the 2022. All I can say is I am impressed. It was five stages. Two were MF'ers. One involved lots of 15-20 yard shots across multiple targets with a swinger that had a no shoot swinging independent of it. One had all kinds of angles and walls and whatnot that made it seem to me like an IDPA stage with cover calls.

Overall, I shot the match 15 points down, and it hasn't been posted yet as to what I did overall. The little gun did well, and actually exceeded my expectations.

Oh, and I shot it with the factory contrast sights, the cheap SIG paddle holster that came with it, and aluminum case Federal ammo. After a dismal match last month at the same location, my performance today was not only welcome, but motivating. Now, for a set of HD XR sights and a better holster.

www.opspectraining.com