SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Installed an apex trigger body on my g29 and having trigger reset problems
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Installed an apex trigger body on my g29 and having trigger reset problems Login/Join 
posted
I also did the .25 cent trigger job with some flitz polish. I've taken it apart and reassembled it 3 times and when I slingshot the slide it doesn't reset and you have to rack the slide to get the trigger to work. If you just push the trigger forward it won't work

Posts: 3371 | Registered: December 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
ALWAYS stick with factory Glock parts. If you need to count on a boom I give a shit less about how cool your company is. Glock works where others might.

For ME:
DA/SA= Sig 9mm
Striker fired= Glock 9mm
If it's a .45= 1911
Suppressed= HK in .45
I like anything in 10mm

Posts: 1442 | Location: VA | Registered: July 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I only changed the trigger body, I hate the stock one because it's uncomfortable. Other than that the gun is stock, I left the trigger bar/connector stock just polished a bit

addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
I'd feel less skeptical of the tolerances of their trigger bow if they actually offered a complete trigger bar assembly for the 45 and 10mm models with that part in place...just like they do for the 9/40/357SIG guns. Their product descriptions for the standalone parts seems to imply that they would be compatible with the bars from the larger caliber models, but it also doesn't make a flat-out declaration that they do either. I would recommend contacting Apex and see what they really have to say.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have polished the internals on all of my Glocks, AKA 25 cent trigger job. Worked like a charm and had no issues. When I got my Gen4 34 and did this, I guess I went a bit too far (was the 6th one I did, so I'm not sure what I did wrong). When I put everything back together, it did the same thing you're explaining. I ended up buying a new trigger w/trigger bar and installed it with no polishing and the problem went away. Not saying you did anything wrong like I did, but something to consider as you're diagnosing the problem.

Posts: 2157 | Location: St. Louis | Registered: January 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I did smooth the surface where the trigger bar meets the connector with a stone but I didn't get it too much. But it may have been just enough to screw things up. I'll go buy a ghost and see what that does

Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Most likely it's installed wrong, put the stock trigger back if it has the same problem it's the way you are doing it, if it works then try the apex, if the apex doesn't work perhaps it's defective

Posts: 23403 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
so sexy it hurts
Picture of agony
posted Hide Post
Is your trigger reset spring installed backwards?

"You have the right not to be killed..."

The Clash, "Know Your Rights"

Posts: 26978 | Location: Westizzle Virgizzle | Registered: December 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Make sure the trigger spring is not installed backwards, twisted or kicked off to one side of the trigger mechanism housing. Any of those things will cause the issue you are describing.

Posts: 668 | Location: NH | Registered: December 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post