SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Seeking suggestions about a horrible Glock trigger
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Seeking suggestions about a horrible Glock trigger Login/Join 
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
I apologize for not responding earlier, but there isn’t anything to report. As far as I know (I should check), the deputy hasn’t asked our Glock armorer to look at it after I suggested they get together. This is a good reminder for me to find out.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47366 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
in the end karma
always catches up
posted Hide Post
I have a couple of Glocks and one of them is a 19 with the worst trigger I have shot. I ordered a Suarez "face Shooter kit" today that uses the Glock (-) connecter and some of Suarez parts.

I know that you are talking about a duty gun so good luck.

" The people shall have a right to bear arms, for the defense of themselves and the State" Art 1 Sec 32 Indiana State Constitution

YAT-YAS

Posts: 3685 | Location: Northwest, In | Registered: December 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted Hide Post
quote:
I know that you are talking about a duty gun so good luck.

Trying an *all factory* stock Glock parts swap to see if the trigger is improved by it will take 5 minutes and not change a thing as far as dept rules go.
An armorer or someone who knows how to change parts, (at least 50 million people), can do this.

Does the Deputy carry this abomination? I hope not...

--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.

Posts: 3771 | Location: Central AZ | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of LtsAv8
posted Hide Post
I've heard Glock USA has great customer service. An instructor recently told me that he took his entire loaner pool (10+ G17's) into the GA facility and they overhauled them while he waited. A couple of hours later he had the entire pool fully factory restored.

Perhaps the officer should contact them directly, the company seems to be very responsive to LEO and Military customers.

P220R3, SP2022 (9MM), P2000SK (9MM), P320 Carry (9MM), G17 Gen 5, G19 Gen 5

Posts: 148 | Location: The Metoplex, TX | Registered: January 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
Has anyone had experience with Glock service and fixing a problem like this?

I’m curious about other agencies’ practices, and I’m familiar with policy issues, but even though I establish most firearms policies for my agency, they’re not a panacea in this situation. It doesn’t matter if policy says an aftermarket part is authorized if it causes a malfunction during a gunfight and the officer can’t defend himself or if he has an unintentional discharge and blames it on the part: “It wouldn’t have happened if they hadn’t modified my gun.” Formal authorization doesn’t turn a bad idea into a good one.
Part of my problem is that I’m not familiar enough with Glocks to know the difference between a bad idea and a good one.

Just disassembling and inspecting the gun is obviously a good idea, so I’ll suggest we start with that, but all other comments are welcome.

Yes we have had a few Generation 4 guns that were terrible. glock has actually been pretty good about fixing the issues, which range from having the front sight hole too big (which required a replacement slide) having terrible triggers, and a couple of 19s which just wouldnt shoot accurately.

For some reason most of our issues have been with g19's, the 17's and 22's have not displayed and issues beyond the early recoil assembly issues. We do not have a large enough sample of generation for model 21s to make a reasonable judgment as to how good they are

"I don't own the night, I only operate a small franchise" - Author unknown

Posts: 2446 | Location: Texas | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post