SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    2006. P226 X-Five Competition extraction
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

2006. P226 X-Five Competition extraction Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
2015 X-Five Supermatch, thousands and thousands of rounds fired. Not a single FTE, still the same extractor.

Posts: 62 | Registered: January 02, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of USP45T
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hberttmank:
Hey Bruce if you ever figure out a way to get it running !00%, with just the slide sent in, keep me in mind. Smile

Me too!

P220ST P226/9 556 X5L1/9

Posts: 379 | Location: Michigan | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Behold my
Radiance!
Picture of Grayguns
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by USP45T:
quote:
Originally posted by hberttmank:
Hey Bruce if you ever figure out a way to get it running !00%, with just the slide sent in, keep me in mind. Smile

Me too!

Howdy! We can certainly perform the GGI extractor upgrade on your slide assemblies. Although it's always best to test on the complete pistol, we can do so on a shop example with reasonable assurance, if sending in the entire gun is inconvenient.

That said, "100% reliability" is asking for practical impossibility. What we can expect: a corrective upgrade which will permit reliable feeding and function when fired with good quality factory ammo, and with proper maintenance. This presupposes that the chamber hasn't developed the 12 o'clock ring wear commonly seen in these pistols, locking-insert lockup bind induced by the poorly considered L-1 overtravel stop design, or other issues that contribute to reliability problems.

It for these potential side-issues that it's best if we can go through the entire gun. Thanks!

-Bruce

Designer and custom pistolsmith at Grayguns Inc. Privileged to be R&D consultant to the world's greatest maker of fine firearms: SIG SAUER

Visit us at http://opspectraining.com/product-cat/videos/ to order yours, and Thank You for making GGI the leader in custom SIG and HK pistolsmithing and high-grade components.

Bruce Gray, President
Grayguns Inc.
Grayguns.com / 888.585.4729

Posts: 9526 | Location: Reedsport & Spray, Oregon | Registered: October 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A man's got to know
his limitations
Picture of hberttmank
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info, Bruce.

"But, as luck would have it, he stood up. He caught that chunk of lead." Gunnery Sergeant Carlos Hathcock

Posts: 9357 | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm just glad that bruce says its might still be possible to send him one of these guns. I've quite a few of these as I used them in SC and USPSA extensively back before I became uncomfortable about parts. Some of them were definitely problem children. At a most annoying level like 1 out of a 100. but absolutely guaranteed to be that. Which was about a match. The first time I sent one back to sig they sent it back saying no problem found. I asked how many rounds they fired and they said 50. I said try a 100 and sent it back. They said yup your right completely repeatable and fixed it. I fired on a guess about 50K rounds through my L1's and mostly it was OK. After a long run of not using them I'm thinking about dragging them out for some fun. but of course the rest of the parts are mostly unobtanium if you ever need anything.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10974 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A man's got to know
his limitations
Picture of hberttmank
posted Hide Post
I shot my 2005 production X-Five today. Out of 150 rds of Winchester 124gr NATO rounds I had 5 failures to extract. I could just drop the mag, lock the slide back and shake the empty casing out of the chamber. This gun shoots great, I just want it running 100%. I will just save my money and see about Bruce working his magic on it.

"But, as luck would have it, he stood up. He caught that chunk of lead." Gunnery Sergeant Carlos Hathcock

Posts: 9357 | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of buggsboy
posted Hide Post
Since the P220 stainless was mentioned, I have a 220ST (.45 ACP). Mr. Gray did an action enhancement/trigger job on this pistol years ago. I has run flawlessly, but I am now wondering if these handguns are included in those with this problem? I am thinking it primarily caused problems with those pistols chambered in 9mm. Is this correct, or should I send Bruce my .45 ACP? Thanks

Posts: 673 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The 220X5 uses the same extractor as the 9mm does and there have been problems with them. Not as frequent but I have seen issues. Amazingly the .40
226X5 does not seem to need GGI extractor. FWIW.

Posts: 159 | Registered: December 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Grayguns:
Grayguns Inc. just started making our third run of GGI "Fix-it" EDM extractors. I first designed these about 12 years ago, specifically to correct the inherent issues with the X-5 / P220 Stainless internal extractors which plague a significant number of these pistols. The original is not located properly in relation to the breechface & cartridge pocket ect. I'm glad yours is running! When it finally craps out, remind me and I'll upgrade it as a favour.

-Bruce
Dont see the video on your site of your extractor in a X gun. Brass flows like liquid through the gun.

Posts: 17891 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of buggsboy
posted Hide Post
OK. Thanks for the info.

Posts: 673 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Behold my
Radiance!
Picture of Grayguns
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by buggsboy:
Since the P220 stainless was mentioned, I have a 220ST (.45 ACP). Mr. Gray did an action enhancement/trigger job on this pistol years ago. I has run flawlessly, but I am now wondering if these handguns are included in those with this problem? I am thinking it primarily caused problems with those pistols chambered in 9mm. Is this correct, or should I send Bruce my .45 ACP? Thanks

Hiya! Yes, if anything these early stainless-slide P220's are more susceptible to this defect.
I'll spring for my labour if you'll schlep
it in to me and piny up for the EDM-machined extractor. I make a point not to exploit Forum members in this way. Thanks!

-Bruce

Designer and custom pistolsmith at Grayguns Inc. Privileged to be R&D consultant to the world's greatest maker of fine firearms: SIG SAUER

Visit us at http://opspectraining.com/product-cat/videos/ to order yours, and Thank You for making GGI the leader in custom SIG and HK pistolsmithing and high-grade components.

Bruce Gray, President
Grayguns Inc.
Grayguns.com / 888.585.4729

Posts: 9526 | Location: Reedsport & Spray, Oregon | Registered: October 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post