SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Red Dot on P-228 Which One?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Red Dot on P-228 Which One? Login/Join 
Picture of Chris Anchor
posted
I purchased a P-320RX plus I had a regular one also. Both have been send in for the "upgrade". I was carrying the plain P-320 in place of my P-228 well to make a long story short I missed how the 228 feels vs 320. I have an extra 228 slide and I'm thinking about having it milled for a red dot sight as my eyes aren't the best anymore. If you were place a sight on a slide what sight do you like? Thanks for your input. Chris

Posts: 1832 | Location: Cecil Co. Maryland | Registered: January 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
With bad intent
posted Hide Post
Sacrilege

Posts: 7912 | Location: One step ahead of you | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Chris Anchor
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WARPIG602:
Sacrilege

You should see the slide I'm thinking of milling. It has no bluing left. It was an eBay purchase years back. I wouldn't do it to my original slide numbered. But I see your take on the title. Chris

Posts: 1832 | Location: Cecil Co. Maryland | Registered: January 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
RMR. But I am not sure I know of someone who can do a stamped slide, at least I've never heard of it.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 11002 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Cobra21
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chris Anchor:
quote:
Originally posted by WARPIG602:
Sacrilege

You should see the slide I'm thinking of milling. It has no bluing left. It was an eBay purchase years back. I wouldn't do it to my original slide numbered. But I see your take on the title. Chris

I was thinking the same thing as Warpig until I read your retort. Understood.

Risk the consequences of honesty...

Posts: 4498 | Location: DFW, TX | Registered: December 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
hrcjon makes a good point. I wonder if a folded slide is thick enough to take the milling for the red dot mount.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12776 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Count me in the dubious camp for milling a P228. With the pinned in breech block, I dunno if there's enough material there to do it.

------------------------------------------------
Charter member of the vast, right-wing conspiracy

Posts: 1860 | Registered: June 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Chris Anchor
posted Hide Post
Didn't think about the pinned block, I can see where that may be a problem. I might check with GrayGuns I'm sure they would know if it can be done. Chris

posted Hide Post
Obviously there's enough to put dovetails for sights, but I don't know about the size necessary to do a red dot.

------------------------------------------------
Charter member of the vast, right-wing conspiracy

Posts: 1860 | Registered: June 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1KPerDay
posted Hide Post
Contact this guy and he'll tell you for sure if it's possible
https://www.landmprecisiongunworks.com/

---------------------------
My hovercraft is full of eels.

Posts: 3209 | Registered: February 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Chris Anchor
posted Hide Post
Thanks I'll give them a shout. Chris

posted Hide Post
I like my Vortex Venom better than my 2 Romeo1's. It has an auto-adjust feature on it that works great. Very good battery life, lifetime warranty and cheaper.

Posts: 56 | Registered: November 29, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post