SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Colt 1902
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Colt 1902 Login/Join 
posted
Messing around trying to get decent photos with just the iPhone, since the “real” camera and lighting setup are stashed away temporarily.

I guess the 1902 Military model would be considered the “affordable” example of the early large frame Colt autos. It was at least within my reach anyway, so it’s going to have to stand in for everything between the 1900 and the 1911!

Very cool design, although it’s easy to see why the design evolved into the swinging link tilting barrel of the 1909. There’s a lot of trust being put in that little bar of steel that’s the only thing keeping the slide from coming right off the back of the frame!

Bill R

Posts: 1121 | Location: Wet side of WA | Registered: October 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
Nice...lots of character. Bet it could tell some stories.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted Hide Post
Looks good to me.

Posts: 11875 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: February 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Neat old pistol - and a very nice visual composition. Thanks!

Jerry

Posts: 158 | Location: Oregon | Registered: November 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just need to try to find myself some .38ACP ammo and a replacement for the lanyard ring!

Not going to shoot it a ton, but definitely at least want to try it out a bit.

Bill R

Posts: 1121 | Location: Wet side of WA | Registered: October 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stylophiles:
Just need to try to find myself some .38ACP ammo

Check your e-mail.

Posts: 10055 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Jack First makes a replacement slide lock bar.
Does "high quality tool steel, heat treated" assure that it is stronger than what they were using way back when?
https://jackfirstinc.com/colt-...38-slide-lock-168-11

Posts: 3287 | Location: Florence, Alabama, USA | Registered: July 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of photohause
posted Hide Post
Ya done a good job there Butch. Nice 1902!

Don't. drink & drive, don't even putt.

Posts: 1631 | Location:  | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
Nice old Colt!
You did a great job photographing it with your iPhone.

Posts: 13680 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
lovely photo's!!!

one thing that strikes me odd about 1902's is the grips,

they look so out of place, yet feel fine in hand,,,

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10420 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
3° that never cooled
Picture of rock185
posted Hide Post
Certainly interesting old guns. I have a Pocket Hammer myself. Mine functions 100% with my light reloads. Definitely don't want to press my luck with that little slide lock. Handling this old gun, I'm real glad the 1911s were developed. Fun, but the grip angle feels wrong/awkward, and mine hammer bites me badly. Have fun with your new old Colt!

NRA Life

Posts: 1564 | Location: Under the Tonto Rim | Registered: August 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FlyingScot
posted Hide Post
Handsome firearm and great pics! You find some of the nicer old guns that show their well earned age so well.

“Forigive your enemy, but remember the bastard’s name.”

-Scottish proverb

Posts: 1999 | Location: South Florida | Registered: December 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fedsiguser
posted Hide Post
Beautiful old soldier. A definite keeper!

US Army 5th SOG 1970-90
Federal LE 1990-2011
Blue Knights LE MC
NRA Life member (Benefactor)

Posts: 325 | Location: South Carolina. USA | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
Great pics!
Thanks for sharing them.

Posts: 7355 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post