SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P320C 45 BSS MS
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P320C 45 BSS MS Login/Join 
posted
Hello,
I am new to the forum and would like to ask a question...
I recently purchased a new P320C 45. BSS MS. Went to the range, new toy in hand with a couple of hundred rounds on Winchester 230g ball ready to enjoy the afternoon. On round 92 failure to go into battery. Eject the round, go to rack the slide and there is no tension. A littlte investigation revealed the recoil spring guide rod assy protruding through the front of the slide. Talked to Sig, and decided to take back to my FFL for resolution. Been waiting over a week for the new guide rod assembly to be shipped. Out of stock...Hmm
Cleaned the weapon prior to heading to the range, nothing obviously unusual. After round 50 disassembled just to inspect for anything odd, nothing. And then on round 92...
Any thoughts or comments?
By the way, it shot quite well. I am a 1911 fan, but this P320 won me over quickly.
Disappointed would be an understatement.
Lots of speculation about what might have caused this to happen, over bore in slide, non-spec guide rod assy etc.
Anyone experience a failure like this? Been around a minute and never seen anything like this happen.

Posts: 5 | Registered: March 06, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Pictures?

If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit!

Sigs Owned - A Bunch

Posts: 4266 | Location: Nashville, Tennessee | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I do have a couple of pictures. Been all over and can't figure out how to load them...

Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
WWW.postimage.com

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Someone else recently posted about the same thing occurring with, IIRC, a Legion 226. You dealer is an option, but Sig is very timely with making things right. In future, sending the gun directly to Sig (they will email you a free shipping label) should resolve problems quickly.
Welcome aboard!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16088 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

posted Hide Post
Thank you YooperSigs, I talked to the factory. If I understood them correctly I had to sign for the package during delivery(understandably). Since I work and delivery usually gives a three hour delivery window, thought it might be better to let the dealer take care of it. When the dealer talked to sig they decided to try the guide rod route first. I see this dragging out. Frustrating at best.